Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing parcel but tracking shows delivered - Seller question

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

Missing parcel but tracking shows delivered - Seller question

• I have an issue with a missing delivery.

Sold something on a Thursday, posted on Friday and Royal Mail tracking shows delivered on the Monday. Buyer is claiming not received, not with a neighbour and not left in a safe place. They have now sent me a refund request rather than opening a case which only gives me the option to update tracking, refund them or contact them. 

I uploaded tracking at the point I marked as dispatched and it states "delivery recorded" in the item history. 

I've also already been in contact with the buyer, provided pictures of the tracking receipt etc and confirmed I have spoken to Royal Mail who have advised they will raise an investigation but I'm not sure if anything will come of that. 

I'm reluctant to refund as I don't want to lose out when I have posted to the correct address (confirmed by the buyer) and have tracking to prove it, but I don't want to risk getting negative feedback when I've done everything correctly. 

Any ideas?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Missing parcel but tracking shows delivered - Seller question

if tracking shows it has been delivered to him,then you get seller protection,if $750 or more,signature is required/

if he files chargeback with his cc issuer,Paypal would have to pay instead of you.

is this an Ebay transaction,?if he leaves negative feedback,you can ask Ebay to remove it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advisor

if tracking shows it has been delivered to him,then you get seller protection,if $750 or more,signature is required/

if he files chargeback with his cc issuer,Paypal would have to pay instead of you.

is this an Ebay transaction,?if he leaves negative feedback,you can ask Ebay to remove it

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Community Member

Where's my package I pay for it I have not received it I paid all info on August 6th 2020 so when should I receive my package
Highlighted
New Community Member

Yeah. PayPal is no help.  I specifically asked the seller to have the driver call me when delivering my package but they didn't.  The instructions also state that the driver MUST GET A SIGNATURE OF THE RECIPIENT, which was not done either.  Now I spent $262 USD for two items I never received and PayPal won't issue a refund because the delivery driver didn't do what was asked.  Basically what this does is permit fraud because the seller could have sold me a box of phone books but as long as the tracking shows that the item was delivered to my address, it's out of PayPal's hands. This is the last time I'm ever going to buy crap from overseas.