Limitations

SGilholm
Contributor
Contributor
Hi There, this is a secondary paypal account that I set up as cannot access my primary account as can't update my mobile number and keeps sending code to old number, this is over 2 weeks now, paypal have given me a fax number to send my proof of identity but it will not send! Am at my wits end as have quite a substantial amount of money in my primary account from a sale on eBay, have spoken to PayPal over and over again but to no avail, please help
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SGilholm,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to update your mobile number. Please ask a representative to update that number for you so that future codes will be sent to the right number. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then call as a guest.

Once you're able to access your account, you'll be able to upload documents instead of faxing them.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SGilholm
Contributor
Contributor
Hi There, thank you for the reply I have done what you said already several times over the last 3 weeks but still they have not updated my mobile phone number do you have any other advise as am really at my wits end 😢 thank you so much in advance
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SGilholm,

I'm sorry that hasn't resolved the issue for you. As this requires account-specific assistance, customer service is the avenue that must be pursued.

If the fax won't send, is it due to an issue with the number being used or is there a problem on your end of the fax? If it's the number being used, I'd suggest double-checking the number with customer service.

I hope that a resolution can be found!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.