I think this website is a scam website

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor

I went on this website called <Edited> and they sell Nintendo switches and 3ds etc and I bought a switch for $250 and today I looked on the website more and it was totally copied from this other website called <Edited> and now I know it's a fake website how can I get my money back in my account it says i dont have any transactions yet to file a dispute so this is the only thing I've turned to where i can actually get human help notna robot

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

thecavanaughs
Contributor
Contributor
Got my refund. Chat message from PayPal said they are aware of and have taken care of this fraudulent seller. They settled the dispute in my favor. Just so you know I got little results from form submission and phone calls but they answered my lengthy message using their chat function within 12 hours. I cut and pasted the absurd Chinese return address and said it was clearly a scam. I referenced the 82+ of you here and they refunded my money within 12 hours. Good luck everyone!
Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@thecavanaughs 

Congrats. you got the most rapid resolution. Hopefully mine gets resolved soon, and I'll update everyone here.

Login to Me Too

Larh24
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me on July 12 2020. But PayPal REFUSES TO REFUND MY MONEY! I’ve provided them with order confirmed emails from so called company, with exactly what I purchased. I emailed them what I received-NOT WHAT WAS ORDERED. And they still will not refund my $250!!! Paypal buyer protection SUCKS
Login to Me Too

con4
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just posted that my case was closed in favor of the seller - so what should be the next steps - 

I find it frustrating that they have an obvious chain of content here that shows this is happening but still no way to resolve it

Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

just do a chargeback directly over the credit card or sepa diret debit, depends what you have linked to your paypal account. if paypal didnt want to help in this cases and let the scammer the money, we put the money back from paypal. than paypal have the problem from where it gets the money.

Login to Me Too

Criggy29
Contributor
Contributor
File a Dispute with your bank
Login to Me Too

Anne3004
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me. The company (Best Online Shop) send you a tracking number and claim that the Nintendo Switch is on its way from China. When the parcel arrived, it was tiny and contained a plastic handle to attach to a console!! PayPal are now asking that I send the plastic handle back AT MY OWN COST and provide tracking information to get a refund. Then I can claim for postage afterwards. I am very surprised that PayPal have not blocked this company altogether. They have scammed countless PayPal users.
Login to Me Too

WatrmelonMan125
Contributor
Contributor
@Anne3004 I know it is frustrating and that nint of us should have to deal with it. What address did they tell you to send the item back to, because for me and many others it was and address in Chinese and post offices can't do anything with that. At this point you need to send the Chinese address back to paypal in a chat window and tell them that you need the address translation before you can send it back.
Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@WatrmelonMan125  Correct!  @Anne3004 , please follow his advice. Worked for me. I posted my steps somewhere on this thread.

Login to Me Too

Anne3004
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I copied the Chinese return address that PayPal sent me into Google Translate, and it does come up with a legible address! However PayPal have asked me (via chat when I complained about the Chinese address) to wait a few days for their “official” translation of the address. I really don’t understand why they are making the process so difficult for users. At least once you have sent the plastic item back and have a tracking number for it, you can get your money back (from what I understand). So frustrating and very tedious 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.