I got ripped off by a seller and PayPal did NOT get my money back! I don't understand why

gairo501
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I purchased a transmission from a seller and when it arrived at my mechanics transmission shop the installed it for $1300.00 and

after installation they found that it was broke (did not work).  I then had the car towed to the dealer and their mechanic 

evaluated the car and said the same thing the transmission was no good.  

I filled a dispute with PayPal and they sided with the seller even though I provided the receipts and the purchase guarntee from the 

seller to fix or replace the transmission.  It came with 4 year warranty and a guarantee to send their mechanic to fix any issues or pay my mechanic $60.00 per hour to fix any issues.  I provided this proof to PayPal and they denied my claim.

I will NEVER make any important purchases from PayPal again.  I've been doing business with PayPay for 15 years but that's it..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gairo501 

Paypal do not cover you for an item if you can't return it in the state you received it, if you had had it fitted then that would not be possible.

Secondly they do not get involved in quality of items, you bought a transmission and received one so anything else is between you and the seller to sort out as is equally any warranty as that is between you and the seller as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.