I can't remove my bank/debit card... what the **bleep**

Temp20210606e
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is on some **bleep**. First they limit my account after my first ever sale of $1.00 (for testing) and I immediately get shut down! **bleep**! They say I can't remove my debit card or bank?? How is that legal? I don't want these money hungry scammers to be associated with my money ever again!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210606e 

Haven't it occurred to you that maybe PayPal thinks you the one scamming? Scammers could be testing stolen cards on PayPal accounts. And they do the small amounts first, then go for the gold.

If you need to test, use the sandbox.

Financials can't be removed from limited accounts to prevent you from opening new accounts. You can still use your bank/card without PayPal though.

You'll need to contact PayPal and explain it was all a misunderstanding. Don't know how long it'll take since this virus has reduced staff and response will be a trickle.

I'll leave contact info here: 

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

If calling, call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

(Please be patient as response time will be longer due to reduced staff/closed or limited phone lines.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210606e 

Haven't it occurred to you that maybe PayPal thinks you the one scamming? Scammers could be testing stolen cards on PayPal accounts. And they do the small amounts first, then go for the gold.

If you need to test, use the sandbox.

Financials can't be removed from limited accounts to prevent you from opening new accounts. You can still use your bank/card without PayPal though.

You'll need to contact PayPal and explain it was all a misunderstanding. Don't know how long it'll take since this virus has reduced staff and response will be a trickle.

I'll leave contact info here: 

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

If calling, call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

(Please be patient as response time will be longer due to reduced staff/closed or limited phone lines.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20210606e
Contributor
Contributor
I have had MY own debit card and bank linked for almost a year, so I have no idea what you’re talking about me being the scammer here **bleep**. You’re clueless to what you’re trying to address
Login to Me Too

Temp20210606e
Contributor
Contributor
And may I add I can’t contact PayPal for the following reasons 1) You don’t even accept calls outside of the retarded bot. 2) More than half of the employees on customer service don’t speak/understand English very well and they never know what the hell is going on 3) You’re paid scammers, so you’re not going to do anything about it anyways
Login to Me Too

Spirit2001
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue was limited but for a different reason , potential risk , guess they don't like me selling digital good even though there's hundred of people from ebay selling them. Plus you can never reach out to paypal customer support right now due to corona. They either ghosted you on DM or even if they do respond its copy and paste and put their name on it just so it looks like they responded to you and say blah blah you were limited and have to wait 180 days.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210606e 

AS you think so little of paypal then you should be glad they have banned you.

And as you are so rude then we are glad they banned you as well.

👋

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aikkid
Contributor
Contributor

not sure why this is marked solved. i have the same exact problem and contacting paypal is futile because their centers are closed it says.  how are we supposed to resolve issues that cannot be fixed on their website?  

i cannot remove an old bank account that is no longer under my name.  i have a verified account that is current and is supposed to be the default account.  there is nothing attached to the old bank account be it recurring or whatever i'm not sure why it wont let me remove it.  when i click remove, it takes me to a white screen and never loads or resolves.  i've been trying to do this for weeks!  this is absurd and it even seems illegal like the original poster suggested. 

Login to Me Too

aikkid
Contributor
Contributor

by the way.. i've also tried their messaging option and nothing.  nothing is working.  it's almost like we don't exist. 

Login to Me Too

Anwar13
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I want remove my banks account there are connected three accounts so please help me to remove bank account please help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.