Hi, I recently filed a dispute against a scam, and lost. Should I keep filing a dispute?

Gabe_L
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I made a purchase two days ago for a Nintendo Switch for the likes of $118.95 (Yes, I now realize this is absurdly low, and choked up some $450+ on Amazon to get a real one). I regretted it immediately after purchasing, when I started looking at the site. It is "Slapstore.xyz", and it has a copy/pasted Abous Us statement, along as a Support Phone Number listed that does not actually exist. The seller has not replied to my emails either. 

PAST that, for clear evidence that it IS a scam, the shipping number provided goes to an item delivered on May 9, 2020. This is impossible as I made the purchase two days ago on June 7, 2020. When I brought this into the dispute, the seller simply replied with the EXACT SAME shipping number, and PayPal said "Based on the information we have, we'll have to deny your case." I have literally never once made a purchase from this website, and I heard from some redditors that the site was created recently, so Im sure they could check my purchase history. There is no way possible I will receive the product. I am angry now because any human would simply look up the tracking number provided by both me AND the seller, and see that nothing will ever arrive.

I understand that I did not wait for the allotted shipping time, but the shipping number provided will never arrive. I do not know what to do, since it seems PayPal does not care. Any advice? Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Tempnsky4eva
Contributor
Contributor

I just got did like that the same way but I order mines off of Nintendo Switch Unlimited. I spent $300 bucks with them they told PayPal that my item was delivered but UPS said the tracking number was under a different name and different address all of which PayPal didn't check.(they just by what these merchants say and not fully do and investigation). So I go back to the website and they have this on there website for my stuff

Order #24636 was placed on May 22, 2020 and is currently On hold.

Order details

PRODUCT TOTALSubtotal:Shipping:Payment method:Total:

Nintendo Switch in Gray with Mario Kart Game and Accessories × 1$259.99
Pokemon Sword, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch × 1$38.50
$298.49
Free shipping
PayPal
$298.49

How was it delivered and in their systems it says it was on hold. PayPal denied my case and closed it. I will be reaching out to my attorney and filing a suit against paypal and the merchant. Also reporting PayPal and the merchant to the Better Business Bureua!

Login to Me Too

Gabe_L
Contributor
Contributor

You're doing the good work. I hope you get that back since you payed a lot more. Pretty sure PayPal handles disputes with bots, since no human is that stupid. They just need to check the shipping # delivery date and the date of purchase. 2 steps.

I hope someone files a class-action out of this. Even though theyre billions-up Im sure, they lost my business. I just checked and the merchant's website is now deleted. So <removed> obvious it's a scam.

Login to Me Too

Tempnsky4eva
Contributor
Contributor

Yes because they closed my dispute at 9pm at night who does that? It was supposed to go up into the 20 of June. Just because the merchant said it was delivered they closed it. That was all no question asked or nothing I gave them what UPS had said and they still closed it. I will never use PayPal again

Login to Me Too

Gabe_L
Contributor
Contributor
Dont give up. I waited 4 days for a chat with a human assistant. Just start one as soon as you can. I provided screenshots of the shipping date, the purchase date, and the lack of reply from the company. The assistant reopened my closed case and changed it to my favor, and the refund went through in less than a day. Dont give up, just try to start a chat and wait for a reply. If the first respondent doesnt help, ask for another; they will provide one.
Login to Me Too

Tempnsky4eva
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did the samething they just order in my favor today! This has been a journey I told the lady that need to figure out who these scam websites are and not allowing them to use them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.