Help with a case.

dallas4
New Community Member

So I sold a pen on eBay on 21 may 2019, I've send it immediately with tracking number, the pen didn't arrive on time and been lost on the way to the buyer. I made a full refund on 13 July and make a request at my local post office to find the lost item. The item was delivered to the buyer on 14 August. I've contacted the buyer and he said that he won't the pen anymore and asked me to cover the shipping cost to send me the pen back. So did I on 15 August. After that the buyer didn't send me the pen until very now (9 September) and didn't answer the messages I was sending.

Also I asked eBay to step in and the only thing they can do is to message the buyer.

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dallas4 

Sadly once a refund is given you can't force a buyer to return the item to you.

BUT as you paid shipping costs for them to return it then you may be able to take private legal action if you have such a thing as a small claims court in your country OR a chargeback if you sent them funds to return the item rather than a shipping label.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.