HELP! FRAUDULENT WEBSITE

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I visited a website lielietee.live and attempted to order a video game. Once I realized the website was fake I contacted PayPal and I formed them I've never received the game. The seller gave PayPal a ups tracking # that says the item was delivered the day after I ordered it (UPS is never that fast espically only for $2.99 shipping)and that the package was 5.38 lbs (for a video game?) So is it safe to say I'm out my $35 or should I pursue this further thru PayPal? Any help or advice would help me greatly thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Countrymousejen 

I hope that  you will be able to resolve your problem.  In case you have a hard time may also send us an email https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/contact-us

**** IF find my post very helpful. Dont hesitate leave kudos or mark this as a solution *****

Login to Me Too

Colorado77
Contributor
Contributor
It amazes me how many people have been **bleep** over by this company and PayPal keeps backing him up by denying claims. I had the same thing happen to me with this company. He said he sent an item using a tracking # to my house. Like everyone else. I called UPS and told them the story. And like everyone else UPS told me they couldn’t help me because my name wasn’t on the label. I finally went down to my local UPS and they had no problem printing me paperwork that showed every stop the package made and the final destination. Which surprise was not my house but another house in my same town. Maybe one day PayPal will pull their head out of their **bleep** and take action against this company and return everyone’s money.
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Colorado77 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to secure a document that could support  your claim.  Now all you have to do now is to get hold of a customer representative and request to reopen the case and file an appeal and with that document that you have now in your possession i'm pretty sure the decision will be reversed into your favor now. Please be inform that we have our security team who are religiously monitoring or reviewing all accounts and if they found that a certain person buyer/seller abuses PayPal agreement policies then their account will  be restricted.  Now due to this pandemic (COVID19) that we are all experiencing right now, the only means to communicate with them is via Chat. How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page their is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Jimariso
Contributor
Contributor
Definitely pursue! Especially since you did not receive the game. Wrong is wrong and it needs to be right. Good luck! 😊
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Jimariso

Glad that you are filing a dispute, hopefully everything will turn into your favor.  If there's anything that i could be of help do not hesitate to call my attention. 

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Xiongd
**bleep** PayPal. They didnt even get me a refund because the fake UPS tracking number said it was delivered but I never recieved my controller. I reported the website to the Federal Trade Commission and lielietee.live got shut down. My security camera never showed the UPS dropping off a package that day and my emails were not even received by the PayPal account associated with the email on PayPal. Also the customer service email faulted out. PayPal supports fraudulent sellers. I lost $25. Hard earned money and PayPal could care less.
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Xiongd 

Thank you for posting here in our community forum.  Based on my own understanding is that you have a dispute that was closed in favor of the seller because seller was able to provide a UPS tracking number that says "Delivered".  I'm so sorry to hear that, allow me to somewhat explain that for a "item never received" cases once the seller provided a tracking number and our back office were able to validate to the shipping company website that item was delivered then case will be closed in their favor. However, the process does not stop there as part of the Buyer Protection that PayPal offers to our customers specially buyers they will be given a fair chance to reopen the case and make an appeal.  Now in your case if haven't file an appeal yet then please do so, reopening of the case to make an appeal is being done through our customer service.  By the way before making an appeal be sure the have a compelling evidence to support the appeal which is a proof that the tracking number provided my this seller is not valid or it was not associated on your home address and it not under your name in the first place.  How can you do that?,  i will present 2 option  here for you. 

First option, contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel or to check if your street address is even on the address label. If the ship to address is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping company and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises.  

I know for a fact that some shipping company has some security protocol that they are following so they may not give the exact address to where it was delivered but if you can just get it writing that the transaction number is not associated on your address that would be a valid evidence that could merit a reversal of decision into your favor. Now if in case they wont give you that well and then let's proceed with the second option.

Second option,  Get the email address of the shipping company send them communication i'm pretty sure they will response,  ask for the status of the delivery, if they said "delivered" then advise them that you never the item and ask  why is it not delivered in your address ( mentioned your address on your email) then i'm pretty sure they will on their response they will mentioned that it is delivered on a different address now if they mentioned where the item is delivered well and good but if not then it's alright because you have it on their email response that it was delivered on a different address that would be enough evidence to have the case reverse in your favor.  Does this make sense.   

Now since you have enough evidence if the case was closed then by all means contact our customer service and request for the reopening  of the case and if the case is still open submit that evidence and i'm sure you gonna win the case.  By the way customer service and reach via email or chat. All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

charliemccrady1
Contributor
Contributor
I provided a document that UPS gave me. It showed the tracking number and the address listed on the document was not mine. What more evidence do you need?
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @charliemccrady1 

Thanks for the swift reply. It's a good thing that you have all the documents needed.  Have you open an appeal already? if not,  then please contact our customer service and ask to reopen the case and make an appeal.  If in case you already appealed the case and still lost the case, please be advise that you can appeal a case twice. So please file an appeal again if ever.  If in case you already file twice and in both instances it was decided in favor of the seller.  Last recourse would be settle this outside of PayPal.  I hope i was able to assist you.  Stay Safe. 

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

charliemccrady1
Contributor
Contributor
Teddy25, I submitted the document from UPS with my first case.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.