HELP! FRAUDULENT WEBSITE

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I visited a website lielietee.live and attempted to order a video game. Once I realized the website was fake I contacted PayPal and I formed them I've never received the game. The seller gave PayPal a ups tracking # that says the item was delivered the day after I ordered it (UPS is never that fast espically only for $2.99 shipping)and that the package was 5.38 lbs (for a video game?) So is it safe to say I'm out my $35 or should I pursue this further thru PayPal? Any help or advice would help me greatly thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

hqn82
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I finally got a refund from paypal!!

After a few attempts and also few hours on hold waiting for UPS customer service, I was able to obtain a document that showed the recipient of the tracking number was someone else. I was lucky enough to find a customer service rep that understood how it felt to get ripped off. At first, she did not provide any info per privacy. I told her my situation (paypal dispute) and that I didn't need the recipient address. All I needed was a document from UPS stating that the recipient of the tracking number was not me (to my address). She looked up the tracking number and verified it was not my address. I also asked her if she could emailed me a document with that info so I could submit to paypal; which she did. I then submitted the document on paypal chat and they reverse the dispute in my favor. 

Not sure what you guys purchased but for me it was just a video game. It's not the amount that bothered me, it was the fact that I didn't want this scam site to get away with it. Which is why I kept calling UPS to get that proof. 

I hope paypal come to their senses and close these guys down for good.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

deante757
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue ordered some tires last week they provided a ups tracking number to a commercial business and it said delivered in 2 days after I literally just ordered them.I think the site is a scam PayPal came purchase went to a RickyCroteau
Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah they provided PayPal with a ups tracking number on my issue also problem is I only order a game weighs less then 1/2 lb put the tracking info states their "package" weighs over 5 lbs also I ordered it on 3/23 at 9pm tracking info says delivered 3/24 1pm ... PayPal wants proof from ups that the tracking # shows shipped to an address other than my own UPS says they won't give exact address info because of privacy concerns .... So I'm stuck ?!?! If anyone knows how to get that info from UPS please let me know ..... Also my payment went to a deshawn dominiguez
Login to Me Too

hqn82
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same thing now.  I only order a game on 3/20 and it supposedly was delivered 3/24 at 8:10p.  With the coronavirus situation, everyone is staying at home. So I was home and I got a delivery notification. Went downstairs a few mins later to look for the package but saw no nothing. I spoke with a couple UPS drivers that routinely deliver to our apartment building the next day and all said they have keys to the building and never leave anything outside. I'm currently in a open dispute with paypal and the seller named NoemiBartelsonFrancesezRLjZpb. UPS tracking, 1ZR3Y5840309346459, shows it was delivered but no address shown. The weight is 29.10lbs for a video game is ridiculous. This site is scamming people. I hope paypal investigate and don't do business with them anymore

Login to Me Too

JTWOW

I did not receive Fire Stick from same seller <removed> item delivered to secure locker instead of address on file. No response from email. I noticed my online order # registers under pro <removed> another likely scam site

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah definitely a scam all these students home with no school are creating alot of these scams lately .... Stick to big names for the foreseeable future to shop online. Try and goto a ups store and get a document stating the tracking # that was given to didn't goto your shipping address. Then dispute with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Colorado77
Contributor
Contributor

My advice to anyone looking for help on here is to contacted your credit card company and file a theft charge against Paypal. My credit card company has put a lock on the charge that Paypal has put on my credit card. You can actually talk to a real person instead of having to click on 50 different links on the Paypal website. Your credit card company should allow you submit the paperwork with the fake tracking # provided by LieLietee and the real one that shows the package never was intended for you.( If anyone is wondering how to get the real tracking # destination I ended up just going to the local Ups office in my town and they helped me by printing out the info).   I followed the instructions given by the Paypal chat person on here and after clicking on multiple links I was finally able to get into chat. Chat will not allow you to instantly talk to a person though. It asks you topic questions that pinball you all over the place. And will finally tell you to go to the resolution center. It is impossible to file an appeal. This experience has definitely changed the way I view Paypal. They make it impossible to talk to anyone. They have your money and they don't care.

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ehatter72 ,

Im sorry to hear that.  Have you ever try to contact the seller regarding this? if yes, and they are not responding to your email then you can file a dispute by simply logging into your account and go to resolution center to file a dispute.  IF in case you already file a dispute you can also check the status on the resolution center or you can also recieved notification on your email as to what is the status of your dispute.  Hope i was able to help you.

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
@Teddy25 Yes I created 2 different disputes through PayPal 1 was a fraudulent charge and that got denied because I made the charge it was just a fake website. 2nd was item not received but the seller somehow got a tracking number for ups for a PKG that came to the city I lived that showed delivered so PayPal is saying to get proof from ups that it was to a different address sooooo ... I contact UPS they say due to privacy concerns they cannot issue exact address associated with a tracking number so yeah this is a very elaborate scheme and @Paypal needs to get a handle on this because as I'm seeing thru this thread this is ABSOLUTELY a problem for alot of people the website looks official and they obviously know how to work the PayPal dispute system!!!!!! And they know there are not many customer service reps during this time with everyone dealing with covid19
Login to Me Too

charliemccrady1
Contributor
Contributor

I purchases Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from this website, too. I received a tracking number which said that they package was delivered a few days later. However, the package went to an incorrect address. It was also a package of fastener samples from a business called Arconic Fastening Systems which has nothing to do with my order. The address on the package itself wasn't even my address. It's a miracle how I found out how. I'm lucky that someone knew me from the local business where it was delivered. I have a picture of the package showing that the address on the package (with tracking number) wasn't the same as my home address. The PayPal category listed says that this transaction was a car rental. The transaction details say that it's Call of Duty. Lastly, the actual package was some kind of fastener samples. The website shows their address in Virginia Beach, VA, but the package came from Tracy, CA. There is so much wrong with this. The seller won't respond to my messages.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.