HELP! FRAUDULENT WEBSITE

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I visited a website lielietee.live and attempted to order a video game. Once I realized the website was fake I contacted PayPal and I formed them I've never received the game. The seller gave PayPal a ups tracking # that says the item was delivered the day after I ordered it (UPS is never that fast espically only for $2.99 shipping)and that the package was 5.38 lbs (for a video game?) So is it safe to say I'm out my $35 or should I pursue this further thru PayPal? Any help or advice would help me greatly thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

hqn82
Contributor
Contributor

This site has another alias site www.kilabine.com.

Everything looks the same. The email the provide is all undeliverable and the phone number is to some guy. My case got denied. I dont think paypal support even looked at my case properly. I think whoever just passed it off and denied it without looking. So frustrating!!! 

Login to Me Too
Solved

hqn82
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I finally got a refund from paypal!!

After a few attempts and also few hours on hold waiting for UPS customer service, I was able to obtain a document that showed the recipient of the tracking number was someone else. I was lucky enough to find a customer service rep that understood how it felt to get ripped off. At first, she did not provide any info per privacy. I told her my situation (paypal dispute) and that I didn't need the recipient address. All I needed was a document from UPS stating that the recipient of the tracking number was not me (to my address). She looked up the tracking number and verified it was not my address. I also asked her if she could emailed me a document with that info so I could submit to paypal; which she did. I then submitted the document on paypal chat and they reverse the dispute in my favor. 

Not sure what you guys purchased but for me it was just a video game. It's not the amount that bothered me, it was the fact that I didn't want this scam site to get away with it. Which is why I kept calling UPS to get that proof. 

I hope paypal come to their senses and close these guys down for good.

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
My hats off to you @hqn82 .... It took alot of patience and presistance but I'm glad you were able to get the document needed to change the outcome of your dispute. Hope everyone follows your advice and PayPal closes this sellers account(s) down so no one else falls victim to this scam!
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @hqn82 

Glad that i was able to help you on your request for a refund.  Stay Safe and God Bless.

**** IF find my post very helpful. Dont hesitate leave kudos or mark this as a solution *****

Login to Me Too

colinfsx

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I had the same case, but Paypal declined my refund request. I am very disappointed for the result. 

Obviously, Paypal rep did not do any investigation for the seller. They saw the tracking number, and they believed the seller already shipped the product.

I hope Paypal does a better job on this. 

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @colinfsx 

Hope you are safe and sound amidst this crisis that we are experiencing right now.  I was able to read your post and i'm so sorry for the outcome of your case but no worries all is not lost as you can still request to reopen the case and make an appeal as part of our Buyer's Protection. Now let me help you on this, my question would be " Do you happen to get hold of the tracking number that this merchant provided?" IF, yes all you have to do is contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel or to check if your street address is even on the address label. If the "ship to address" information is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping company and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises. Now once you were able to secure that document then by all means you have a strong chance in filing an appeal have the decision reverse in your favor.  Next step now is get hold of our customer service and request to reopen the case.  What's gonna happen when the appeal is open is we will be giving you a maximum of 10 days to secure a document ( the one that i mentioned above) that could support your appeal and have the decision reversed in your favor.  I know your question now is how can i get hold of a customer service representative to assists you.  

Even though a lockdown has been imposed by our government  for our safety due to this pandemic (COVID19) that we are all experiencing right now, the only means to communicate with them is via Chat. How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page their is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent via Message Us option on that same page and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

colinfsx

Thanks Tedd. This is very helpful. I will contact UPS to get the required document. 

While, I would like to see Paypal can take a more proactive way to fix the issue. 

As many users already raised that Lielietee is a fraud web site and obviously it is a fact, why still need each user to collect document from UPS? Why not just refund all the disputes related to this merchant. I am sure the 2nd one will make more customers satisfied. What do you think?  

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @colinfsx 

Thanks for your immediate response on this.  Now allow me to give you this piece of information, during this process that you are going to do in case you win in which i positive on it your money will immediately be credited on your back on your original funding source that was used on that transaction.  Also FYI only, we have a security team who is religiously monitoring activities of sellers and if in case they found out that this seller is engaged in such illegal activities and violating PayPal agreement policy they will immediately put limit on their account.

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

ORPurchaser
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me, too.  Fraudulent Website and "Seller" gave PayPal a USPS Tracking Number that showed I had received an item last month.  Somehow this seller got another tracking number for another item I had received last month and submitted it as if it was for THIS item, which it was not!  How do I contact someone at PayPal to tell them this?  They just took it for granted that I had received this and declined my dispute.  This "seller" is fake, the Website is fake, and the Seller is giving a fraudulent tracking number.  What should I do now?

Login to Me Too

GlassHalfEmpty
Contributor
Contributor
Same just happened to me. Peoforum.com furnished me with a USPS tracking number from an old delivery from a different shipper ...that I had already received ten days earlier! The seller has no intention of shipping the item they 'sold' me. These websites are exploiting a vulnerability somewhere and providing buyers with old shipping information. I filed a claim with PayPal which of course they automatically denied, even though I provided proof of the bogus shipping info. I eventually found a PayPal link to report the fraudulent website, but the link misdirected me. Clearly, PayPal is not interested in conducting legitimate fraud investigations. There would be thousands of such investigations each year, which would cost millions of dollars to conduct ...not to mention all of the transaction fees they would be forced to surrender. The dark result is a pro seller, anti buyer stance. It could be argued that by turning a blind eye, PayPal is complicit in every single fraudulent transaction claim they refuse to fully investigate and subsequently deny.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.