Dispute was in my favor but not escalated. Now I’m out money.

WhatSoupAgain
New Community Member
So I bought an item using goods and services and wanted to cancel the order with the seller. Contacted PayPal, said I wanted a refund since the seller didn’t reply in a timely manner. Seller agrees and case favors me. Refund gets declined by the sellers bank a few times and the refund was dropped. PayPal claims it will try to process it every 3-5 days and forcefully withdrawal the money. It’s been 2.5 weeks now and PayPal says I’m not qualified for buyer protection and won’t assure me I’m getting a refund since the case was closed amicably. What can I do. My financial institution said they couldn’t do anything for me. I also lost contact with the seller. Any advice would be appreciated
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhatSoupAgain 

Yep, refund fails when there is no money in the seller's PayPal balance or bank account. The seller up and left. I think even if the case was escalated that outcome would still be the same. PayPal deducts the amount from seller's PayPal balance, which could be dry as a bone and its up to seller to add funds but it they don't or PayPal can't get funds from their bank account, same outcome. If PayPal had to cover each no-money-in-the bank or PayPal balance to refund case, they'd go broke or something.

If you paid by credit card, try disputing through them. If you go the credit card route, you must resolve it through your credit card exclusively. The recourse through PayPal will be closed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.