Dispute over delivered item

Marni1
Contributor
Contributor

I've delivered by recorded delivery an item to someone,they are now claiming it's not arrived even though I have royal mail proof of delivery and signature, anyone any idea where I stand on this .? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marni1

You should win any claim for non receipt of item as long as you have online trackable proof of delivery and have added that tracking number on the transaction on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Marni1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that info,what shall I do now? I'm struggling to contact PayPal as my current phone number is obviously different to when I registered,

I would like to put my case forward but don't know what to do,also the buyer asked my son to send to a different address to the PayPal one, we have a screenshot of his request.

I don't want my son to lose everything he saved so hard for,he's only 13, it's so unfair.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marni1

the buyer asked my son to send to a different address to the PayPal one, we have a screenshot of his request.

oh dear, in that case you would lose as the ONLY way to win a dispute for non receipt of item is to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the Paypal registered address of the buyer.

If you sent to their non-registered address then it doesn't matter what you have in writing you would lose any dispute and I guess that that is the reason the buyer asked you to send to another address in the first place.

To be covered you should have asked the buyer to add a 'gift' address to his account and used that one when he paid you so that you would have seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.