Dispute outcome

Tinkyboop
New Community Member
I need to dispute outcome. Seller advertised one thing & sent me another. Wanted me to send back but would cost more to send back to China than what I paid. Paypal closed my case because I did not provide a tracking number. Not what I wanted to do. I pay insurance for them to fight against fraud.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CindyIke29
New Community Member

I ordered a dress from <removed>. They "say" they will give me a refund but why should I believe them?  They were already dishonest about the item.  Why should I have to pay to return the item when they lied about it. I seriously doubt I am the only one this has happened too. I will return the dress for my 100% refund when they pay the shipping cost to CHINA. If we don't stop this - it will continue to happen to others. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CindyIke29 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.