Dispute Resolution

iamfrustrated
New Community Member

I filed a dispute with Paypal and provided what I considered considerable information.

The dispute was with an entity, presumably in China, based on the recipient of my funds.  There was a Facebook ad for "Squirrel Proof" bird feeders, with a buy two get one free offer.  I made the purchase.

What I received wasn't worth the trip to a dollar store.  Paypal had the information on the transaction - including the payment information that clearly stated "Squirrel Proof" feeder and pictures I submitted with the dispute.

While I was on vacation for two weeks, Paypal sent a request that I contact the FBI Internet Crime  Complaint Center or some other law enforcement agency.

When I returned from vacation, I requested some extra time.  The very next day - today - I received a "Dispute Denied" email.

I am sure that I am not the first person to complain about the "seller" nor will I be the last.  I have reported similar Facebook ads to Facebook as scams.

It seems that neither Facebook nor Paypal are taking any responsibility for allowing these scam artists on their systems nor does it seem that they are doing enough to resolve these types of complaints.

Has anyone ever successfully disputed a purchase from a seller who appeared to be from China for items significantly different than was as advertised?

If so, what did you do to get a successful resolution?

Thank-you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.