Case closed after investigation

madlen68
New Community Member

I purchased an expensive item and realized that the website was fraudulent. I opened a claim stating that I didn't receive the item. The seller after being contacted with Paypal send me an item that had nothing to do with the item I purchase (I received an flimsy plastic iphone sleeve instead of a playstation console) The seller contacted Paypal and gave them the tracking number of the iphone sleeve shipment. Paypal decided to close the case because they concluded that I received the item I purchased. I have tried to contact Paypal but I am not getting anywhere. What else can I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madlen68 

If you paid by credit card, do a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SeattleShopper
Contributor
Contributor

This sounds so familiar.  Customers are trusting these sellers because the payments are processed through PayPal.  It all seems very unethical and PayPal is big enough-- they should have standards for sellers.  FWIW, from my experience credit cards and banks have much better customer service for these types of things.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.