Case ID: PP-D-50106873

Momo_1077
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold a buyer on FB a skull,hairpick,kapala and a knife equaling 1,067.00 . Afte items tracking number showed delivered. The same day the buyer filed a claim. Saying not as described. They are exactly what I described and what he paid for. He said it's a computer fan. False. I dont see why I have to issue a refund at a loss when I know I shipped the correct items. I have photos and etc. I stated I would issue a refund for return of my items. But what if he actually returns a computer fan ? I'm the one that has lost out. Where are sellers protections and rights ? I have photos of everything up to the point of right before shipping out. Photos of them wrapped in shipping foam and all. . What do I do ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Momo_1077 

Sadly thats the risk of online selling, you are always going to get the odd pain in the butt buyer.

Paypal gives you some seller protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

So if a buyer opens a dispute then paypal tell him to return the items back to you at his own expense before he gets a refund.

But paypal never sees what you say you sent and what he says he returned.

So if he returns another item then you may have to seek your own private legal action against the buyer if that is an option in the country / ies you are both in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.