Cannot complete Business Compliance - Dashboard not working

ChiliN
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've recently changed my Paypal business account to reflect that I am now a Limited Company and Paypal have placed limitations on my account. I knew this would happen but the problem is now I cannot complete the Business Compliance procedure because Paypal's Dashboard isn't working. I can click on the link in the notifications area and it takes me to a page where I have completed most of the compliance. Here's a screenshot of what is still left to comply with:

paypal.png

And if I try clicking on those links this is what I'm greeted with:

paypal2.png

This has been like this for over a month and I'm on my third complaint with Paypal already in trying to deal with it. When I can finally get to a contact form through the help section (there is no option in the help menus for Paypal's site not working any more) I have to make a formal complaint. Each time Paypal responds with an email please call us. I am currently overseas working, I have spent almost $200 on phone calls to Paypal spending most of the time navigating the ridiculous telephone menus trying to get to speak to a human being. The problem has never been rectified. When I've asked for help by email I either get told to call again or to try a different browser. I have explained to Paypal numerous times that calling doesn't correct the problem and it's really expensive to call as from where I am I have to use special virtual numbers to call non-geo telephone lines.

I have also asked which documentation I need to provide and my last complaint was met with an email saying please use a different browser or fax us the documentation. No description of what I needed, and the fax number is an 0870 dialing code. After six weeks of trying to sort this out I'm at my wits end. I'm obviously not going to get an answer from anybody at Paypal that actually reads the formal complaints or gives a damn that Paypals site is not working.

So, does anybody know how I can fulfil the Business Registration Proof, Letter of Authorisation and 'Add Owner' sections of the Compliance Dashboard? I am a single person limited company, don't have a company secretary or another director currently that can provide any secondary authorisation.

Many thanks for any help or advice provided. If anybody thinks this is unresolvable or had a similar experience and think I should try and find an alternative provider please let me know. I am struggling to find an alternative as most providers don't operate in the three main countries outside of Europe that I deal with.

Just as an additional piece of advice for anybody travelling abroad... although Paypal declares "Manage your account from anywhere" I've actually had confirmation from a human at Paypal's help desk that it is mostly not possible to withdraw funds using the Paypal website whilst overseas (UK account). I say mostly because I have had one successful withdrawal and all the others declined. The account had been running cleanly without problems for a number of years. This occurred before the limitations on my account. I have managed to circumvent the problem now by using a VPN but far from an ideal solution.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DA_ltd
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't work for me also.

Running UK ltd from abroad.  Same rubbish service from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.