Buyer opened case, but hasn't responded in weeks. What happens after case is closed automatically?

neris25pashaj
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer opened a case on an item that was listed on my Instagram selling page. Sale did not go through Instagram, but Paypal payment only. The buyer received the item but told that wasn't as described. (I sell some non original clothes and he told that don't want to keep these because first thought were originals. But before paying he didn't ask me nothing if originals or no. We didn't mentioned nothing about originals or not. It's clear that these are not originals because of the price but I don't write nothing in the page about originals or not, if someone ask me I tell them). The buyer opened a dispute. I have responded to the buyer, who said he wanted full refund . I said I can't back the money and he can keep the item, or alternatively he would need to send me the item back in the exact same condition as was received and pay the shipping fee but he said before that doesn't want to pay that fee. I said to him to send me a picture of the items, but I haven't heard anything back from him for weeks. He just opened the dispute and doesn't respond. It's only remained 9 days until the dispute will be closed. I've send to PayPal all the proof of our chat with screenshots. How long before the case is closed automatically if the buyer does not respond to me at all? If it closes automatically, will it close in MY favour if the buyer is the one who hasn't responded? It hasn't been escalated to Paypal yet, could that be worth doing?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neris25pashaj

Normally a dispute 'times out' 20 days post being opened if not escalated to a claim.

If its closed then you would win.

If its escalated and the buyer wins then they would have to return the items back to you at their own expense before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neris25pashaj

Normally a dispute 'times out' 20 days post being opened if not escalated to a claim.

If its closed then you would win.

If its escalated and the buyer wins then they would have to return the items back to you at their own expense before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.