Buyer Refund

Anonymous80
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am asking on behalf of a friend of mine, They have recently sold a fully working item on eBay for approx £450 GBP but after about a week of the buyer receiving the item they have now decided to open a dispute with eBay, and with what we can gather from reading the forum posts eBay and PayPal nearly 100% of the time find in favour of the buyer, What the seller is wanting to know is if it does end up that PayPal do refund the buyer will PayPal take the money from the sellers bank account?

Reason they want to know is they have spent the money from the sale of the item and do not have the funds in their bank account.

Regards

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous80 

Well if the seller's PayPal balance is zero, then PayPal will tap the bank account until the payment fails and the buyer gets a refund canceled or failed notice. And then the seller's PayPal is in the negative balance (which seller has to zero out or suffer the account being sold to collections) and the bank perhaps charged insufficient funds fees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anonymous80
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply and I will pass the information on, I think what they will end up doing is getting in contact with the bank and cancel any agreements with PayPal so they will not be able to take anything as this is what they was going to do but I said I would ask on the community just to make sure before they get in contact with the bank.

Regards

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate post

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.