Dispute over unknown transaction

Contributor
Contributor
Hi , I received a message from PayPal staying that 144.77 was put into my bank on the 5th November and that a case had been opened . The money was not put into my account , only 20 pounds by a PayPal member.This is an agreement of payment that she and I have set up as she owes me over 300 pounds for something I never received ,this has caused me much upset and emotional turmoil . I would like this matter to be resolved and the hold to be taken off There is no where on the resolution centre for me to write this , only an option to refund , which I obviously don't need to do . I have all necessary proof , statements and even messages from the seller herself .Thanks for any help in advance .
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@18051 

So this issue about the 144.77 is a separate issue from the 20 gbp from some PayPal member who has a recurring payment to you for up to 300 gbp?

Is this paypal message about the 144.77 an authentic one? Is it really from PayPal? You heard of fake or spoof emails right?

Is there a dispute opened in the resolution center for the 144.77 in your PayPal account, at all?

Some folks who have nothing better to do than to send spoof/fake emails to your inbox scaring you half to death. Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com so they can verify.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
Hi , Thank you for your reply . It's from the same seller . She pays me through PayPal every week , 20 pounds . She messaged me the other week to ask if the 1 hundred and odd pounds extra went in by mistake . I told her it hadn't. She's opened a dispute with her bank and knows it wasn't sent to me( she's message me) but Paypal have put a hold on my account . I NB don't understand as they can obviously see from my statements that the amount didn't go in . I just don't get it . I'll have to ring PayPal in morning. Thank you for your help .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.