Buyer Protection (Direct transfer)

neonyx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello dear community.

Recently I made a direct payment to the seller for a software. After payment I received a illegal ( pirated ) version of the software . This thing is not okay for me. I opened a claim but no results. The case was resolved in the favor of the seller. I sent screenshots and showed proofs that I received a pirated version of software but that do not helped me.  Please explain me how that work and why people who sell illegal things (ask for a direct payment through paypal) still not banned or why they are able to use buyer protection vulnerability to make money with illegal products ?. Or maybe I made something wrong ? 

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neonyx wrote:

Hello dear community.

Recently I made a direct payment to the seller for a software. After payment I received a illegal ( pirated ) version of the software . This thing is not okay for me. I opened a claim but no results. The case was resolved in the favor of the seller. I sent screenshots and showed proofs that I received a pirated version of software but that do not helped me.  Please explain me how that work and why people who sell illegal things (ask for a direct payment through paypal) still not banned or why they are able to use buyer protection vulnerability to make money with illegal products ?. Or maybe I made something wrong ? 

If you paid with credit card, file dispute with card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neonyx wrote:

Hello dear community.

If you paid with credit card, file dispute with card issuer.

Login to Me Too

neonyx
Contributor
Contributor

I paid with paypal account to paypal account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neonyx wrote:

I paid with paypal account to paypal account.

So you paid with money that was in your PayPal Balance? I know you paid PayPal account to PayPal account but where money come from? Card, bank or PayPal balance? If you received counterfeit software, you need proof from manufacturer, a pdf letter to upload to the case if you can appeal the closed case.

There is protection but you need to know how to prove your case. You can’t do it with screenshots. If something is counterfeit, you need official word from manufacturer/company. Buyers have protection with digital goods, sellers do not in fact so I do not know what vulnerability you are talking about other than you did not properly prove the counterfeit. Like I said, contact manufacturer and get it in writing that the software is counterfeit, pdf it and upload it to case when you appeal.

Login to Me Too

neonyx
Contributor
Contributor

The transfer was from Paypal balance to paypal balance also on transfer I indicate : payment for that software. I appealed the case and uploaded screenshots with the software I received + links to the files from email I received for download ,+ link to a torrent tracker where software have the same name the same date of cracking (pirated) release  , the same file size everything is the same also the software can't be authorized on the official website and do not have serial number , this say that is a illegal version too. The software is pirated and also files sent via email look the same like from a torrent tracker I tried to explain that to the review team from paypal but that do not helped me. So in final : The case was closed in the seller favor , also the decision will be considered final and cannot be appealed. Now I just try to understand what can I do ? For sure I am not the first person who buy a software from him. And  the sad thing is that this person continue to sell illegal products. So I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

DCMoe13

I thought PayPal's buyer protection would protect me from scammers, and got a rude awakening when I opened a dispute. A clearly fraudulent seller who has undoubtedly received tons of complaints was treated like an honest broker. PayPal had the audacity to claim I was offered a "full" refund despite the prohibitive costs of return shipping to someplace in China that may not even exist (the seller website looks like a UK site). I had a terrible experience and so I decided to write about it. If you want to contribute your experience, please contact me through my website at christinemcondo.com/contact.php. All responses will be anonymized to protect your privacy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.