Appeal won but closed due to open paypal dispute

itsjoshchoi
New Community Member

I recently was scammed on Ebay (purchased an item that was never received and seller deactivated his account afterwards). So I initially requested a refund from Ebay which I was declined due to them going off the tracking number that the item was delivered. Because of that I opened a dispute through Paypal before noticing that I can appeal the decision through Ebay. After Ebay's review, they confirmed that the tracking number was fraudulent and decided to reverse the decision and send me a refund. However, few minutes later I received an email from Ebay that my case was closed due to a Paypal dispute being active/open (the one I opened). 

Now will I still be receiving the refund from Ebay or is the funds on freeze because of Paypal's open dispute? If so, what can I do to get my refund? Should I close the paypal dispute or do I have no choice but to wait for Paypal's decision which seems to be in like 30 days from now?

Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itsjoshchoi 

Nope, its another ball game once you open a case with PayPal. eBay won't get involved. You must press forward and make your case to PayPal to get a refund now. 

Have evidence that the tracking number is fake and file a police report. Go to the post office/carrier with the tracking number and get it in writing. Scan it, pdf it and upload to the case. PayPal protects the seller when it comes to tracking numbers and so you need to hammer it home. You may have to appeal.

If all that fails, try a credit card dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.