Another Yin <removed> / ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED light saber fraud - And PayPal openly supports him

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor
Initially, I cancelled the sale moments after I placed it.  Multiple emails cancelling the order were ignored.  Why? I discovered that the seller is a professional scammer. I immediately filed a PayPal dispute.  The scammer/seller shipped the item it AFTER the dispute was filed. What I received was not even close to what I ordered. The site was advertising a very expensive, custom, all metal lightsaber replica. What was shipped was a $3 plastic toy.

PayPal closed the dispute and found in favor of the scammer - simply because he shipped the item. They won't let me dispute their decision supporting this professional scammer, or file a claim for the fake item.  I tried editing the claim multiple times - but just received an error that "something went wrong."  BTW - I called PayPal today at 7pm Central time. It's mow 10 minutes after midnight - and I'm still on hold.  Have it on speaker phone - it's their dime.

Description on site and invoice: METAL STAR WARS LIGHTSABER.
What arrived: Plastic $3 toy, not the over $100 metal item advertised. 

Guarantee on sellers website: "WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY."

This scammer has ripped off thousands of people, mostly via PayPal.

This is 100% a scam. Just Google "YIN <removed> scam" - the first page is almost entirely PAYPAL discussions on the scammer.

Login to Me Too
81 REPLIES 81

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

Good to hear... I am posting stuff to Twitter and the moment they make good I will post that they fixed it too.  

But. So far I am in the waiting game. 

Thank you for posting....!

See my Tweets user: jared250fx and feel free to retweet.  As I have not yet got a refund. :). 

Login to Me Too

The_Traveller
New Community Member

Similar incident here in UK, same scammer email addresses / company name selling supposed high end goods from facebook advert. I got the money back, but this was post me sending the original (wrong) item back to them, which is now on its way back to me due to lack of correct details, ironically. So I get to keep the goods, and get my fee back.

Login to Me Too

Luislazaro
Contributor
Contributor
I asked PayPal to re-confirm that I must send the item back because users are reporting a wrong address. They said yes! Incredible how PayPal is managing this scam.
Login to Me Too

Juslas
Contributor
Contributor

On previous posts I wrote how PayPal initially helped scammers by demanding product return (and how I broke free from that circle). I have now received refund on my credit card account. And to my tiny amusement I got back 40 eurocents more than I initially paid, thanks to Euro and dollar rate chance during this long dispute.

Login to Me Too

DB-Cumbria
Contributor
Contributor

Got an email this morning from PayPal on my complaint (less than 24hrs after filing it) that they have awarded it to me BUT I must return the goods and show proof that it has been delivered.  As address can't be found, how can I....  Will be going back to PayPal on this now....  Posted about the scam on FaceBook too and maybe someone else will not get scammed the way we all have been.

Lets hope things finally get sorted with PayPal too and that they do something to block this user/company from trading and scamming more of us.

Login to Me Too

DB-Cumbria
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my case. Completed the "Returns" page with following data.

Tracking number - Not Available

Comments- Address is not recognised by China Post so not able to return the item.

Paypal have now refunded me in full and not had to send the cheap item back.

Login to Me Too

slddrvr
Contributor
Contributor

I just filed a complaint with PayPal and they are telling me I must return the items which would cost about $200. Sad that PayPal is backing these scammers.

Login to Me Too

Iiljimmy1993
This just happened to me FFS
Login to Me Too

hazzatori
New Community Member

Also got scammed had to return and give proof of return but got a refund.. 

The way I see it now, is yes its a scam and inconvenience to us, but the real losers here are PayPal as they refuse to stop this scam they are paying out for return postage over and over, if PayPal are happy doing that well then let them, I think PayPal needs to sort itself out and soon..

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a recap that maybe the original poster can PIN to top for those who may not have had success getting a refund yet.

I filed a claim through he traditional PayPal dispute resolution.

(I did call them in San Jose, at some point during this process and I cannot say if it helped or not? But due to the amount of time I can spend on this during the day once they were on the phone I had something come up and had to hang up. I only spoke to the lady long enough to reference my case and she could see found the case ID, in other words she acknowledged that I had an open case...then I had to hang up).

The 1st part of the process is to log the issue and then you have to contact the seller through the dispute resolution portal that is provided by PayPay. Well of course he did not reply as this is a scam.

I did not even WAIT for him to reply once I saw this thread. Within 30 seconds of filing I escalated it through the portal - which means it goes to PayPal - you can put in comments, etc. In the comments I put a link to this huge thread of people all with the exact same problem in the space they provide for a link to the web page that you did the transaction through - well... because this cat has NO web page, again as it is a scam - I put link to this thread in.

Then I tagged @AskPayPal (their support channel) on Twitter. They said THEY would escalate it - to which I replied I had already done that. No other reply from PayPal on that platform, ....and I did not expect one either.

Then...

I received a note from PayPal that I had to return the item to get the refund. (...what?) And the $$ would be refunded once I provided a confirmation of the tracking number. Since the Post Office cannot find the address and even if they did; the $$ to return this useless $3 item with tracking would be more good money chasing after bad - nothing to do here.

So. I replied with N/A as the tracking number and again in the comments section placed a link to this growing thread and the response that the address could not be found. I believe THIS is very important. Reply with N/A and link to this and tell them the address cannot be found.

I have been or will be issued the refund for the money. See the reply below from PayPal.

PayPal response below line:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of $29.00 USD would be
satisfactory.
We were able to recover $29.99 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED
Seller's Email:
Seller's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXX

Transaction Date: 19-Jul-2018
Transaction Amount: -$29.99 USD
Invoice ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Buyer's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.