Another Yin <removed> / ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED light saber fraud - And PayPal openly supports him

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor
Initially, I cancelled the sale moments after I placed it.  Multiple emails cancelling the order were ignored.  Why? I discovered that the seller is a professional scammer. I immediately filed a PayPal dispute.  The scammer/seller shipped the item it AFTER the dispute was filed. What I received was not even close to what I ordered. The site was advertising a very expensive, custom, all metal lightsaber replica. What was shipped was a $3 plastic toy.

PayPal closed the dispute and found in favor of the scammer - simply because he shipped the item. They won't let me dispute their decision supporting this professional scammer, or file a claim for the fake item.  I tried editing the claim multiple times - but just received an error that "something went wrong."  BTW - I called PayPal today at 7pm Central time. It's mow 10 minutes after midnight - and I'm still on hold.  Have it on speaker phone - it's their dime.

Description on site and invoice: METAL STAR WARS LIGHTSABER.
What arrived: Plastic $3 toy, not the over $100 metal item advertised. 

Guarantee on sellers website: "WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY."

This scammer has ripped off thousands of people, mostly via PayPal.

This is 100% a scam. Just Google "YIN <removed> scam" - the first page is almost entirely PAYPAL discussions on the scammer.

Login to Me Too
81 REPLIES 81

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

EXACTLY!!!  Only MINE is clear... and IT WAS BUSTED!!!

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

I have taken to Twitter and DM'ed @AskPayPal.   Look up user Jared250FX and retweet what I posted re this, as they will not allow losing of the links herein.

I have received a response they will escalate it, however I already did that.... There is a public shaming in order here, and if any of you have a Twitter account - feel free to pitch in.  

No way this **bleep** should be allowed to stand.  

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

You know what.  I am now on a war path.  See my latest Tweet.  

Jared2509FX.  Keep the $29.00.  

The whole world is getting a blast from me as far as I can take this.  I am past the $$ and just plain ANGRY now.

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

Too bad you can't edit these posts...

.. that Twitter user name should have been:

Jared250FX.

@JaredMC wrote:

You know what.  I am now on a war path.  See my latest Tweet.  

Jared2509FX.  Keep the $29.00.  

The whole world is getting a blast from me as far as I can take this.  I am past the $$ and just plain ANGRY now.

Login to Me Too

Svoiii
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue this is a scam and how it is possible to continue and nobody to stop this "company"?!

Exactly the same problem with this seller. I bough a drone similar in image and size to DJI mavic air for 79.99 USD , what I received is a mini folding drone at price in any chinese shop USD 12.00- 20 USD. Even if the offer says that return cost are by their own, they ask for a DHL parcel?! 

"Dear Customer, We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to.

But please pay attention

1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund.

2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address - <removed>, Bao'an District, Shenzhen,DUANGDONG, 518000

Are they or PayPal going to pay me back the return costs?

Why when there is so many people are complaining now one is stopping this?

They are winning money from people that don't have the time and nerves to get they money back!

Please stop this kind of frauds!!! 

Is someone know is the provided address correct ?

Way I have to ship back there fake item to Shenzhen, DUANGDONG  when they shipped it from Netherlands ?!?

Login to Me Too

mooneyes

I have the same issue, and I have the same reply for the scammer provider.

He send the item in the lower cheapper and slower shipping method and he wants that I return the item by DHL or UPS much more expensive than the original item cost.

This boy is a scammer clearly

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

See my latest tweets and retweet.  Search user jared250fx.

Giddy-up.

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

See my Twitter feed - user jared250fx and retweet and tag PayPal......!

Login to Me Too

aleskant

ok, I will help spread on twitter

Login to Me Too

Juslas
Contributor
Contributor

Good news fellow victims of scam. Since PayPal dispute web form was dead end, I just told PayPal that I had returned "3$ toy" by "1234 mail service" and on comment field I yet again told PayPal about this hoax. And I told PayPal that I am not sending this broken trash toy back to China. And to my suprise PayPal agreed: 

-- CUT from PayPal e-mail --

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.
We were able to recover $29.99 USD and this amount has been credited to
you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.
If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

-- CUT from PayPal e-mail --

Dispute is by no means closed yet, since scammers seem to have counter claim open. Refund shows on my PayPal account, but hasn't been paid to my credit card, yet. This is progress. And gives us all hope that our disputes have change to succeed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.