Account Limited Due To Conflict Between Account Holder Name And Documents

firask
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

So the issue is that PayPal is banned in my home country. A relative of mine decided to help me out and set a PayPal account in the US. The issue is that the account was created under my name, and they asked for personal documents like SSN and what not. I provided my relative's, as she's the one that created the account and my home country does not provide SSNs. 

As expected, they rejected the documents. I moved into another country where PayPal is allowed and created a new one with 100% legit documents and it all went well until it conflicted with my previous account. They said that I can't withdraw the money because I have to solve the issues with my old account.

Any help would be appreciated on how to solve this issue. It would be a major help.

Regards,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firask 

Sorry but you not only broke paypal rules by opening an account in a country where you don't reside but you then proceeded to add fake information of another person to that account???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

firask
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Sorry! Paypal is not banned in my country, it's the linkage of the credit card to the account that's not supported. The documents were my relative's and I have full consent. I did not mean to give off the impression of impersonation or anything like that at all! 

I did wrong things that I didn't pay attention to which I should have realized earlier. 

In your opinion, Is it possible to work the issue out by any means?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.