180 days has passed, its almost 300 days

jaze004
Contributor
Contributor

My account was limited last December 18, 2019, got around 21kphp (around $450) on it and i still cant transfer my money to the bank, ive been contacting PayPal since June, its been 295 days since the limitation, I've tried contacting PayPal via twitter and the message center but they always tell me to wait 24-72 hours to receive emails that ill be able to withdraw the money because only the back office can make adjustments to my account, after every 72 hours i always get a generic response that their decision to leave my account in a permanent limitation status is final, which is not even my query, i tried contacting them via the phone but the one time passcode isnt even working, i got a working bank linked onto it and a card but i still cant withdraw my money, im just frustrated with the CS.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jaze004 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jaze004
Contributor
Contributor

ive been using the account for more than a year before the limitation started, got everything set up with bank and etc, 

Login to Me Too

kklau
Contributor
Contributor
I got issue too and my account just got permanently disabled and PayPal hold my balance for 180 days. Just wondering how and what PayPal investigating the seller and jus a word that permanent disabled the account that’s it and if the buyer complaining on seller of the services and goods then would be seller fault. But now it’s PayPal judgement whether you are allow to us the account or not. Very disappointed on the service and hopefully 180 days I could get back all of my balance without giving me an excuse again on holding my balance.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.