Random unauthorised transfers

alfiemate
New Community Member

Hello all,

As you can see, the other day I woke up to these 3 transfers which I have no knowledge of authorising or what initiated them. I did not transfer any money from my bank to PayPal or vice versa and nothing has entered my bank account. Therefore I've effectively lost £21.97 and this is true - my PayPal was at a negative balance until I received some purchases.

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 14.50.02.png

So what is this? Has anyone experienced similar? I've contacted PayPal via Twitter but they seem to be ignoring my messages as it's been 3 days...

Thanks,

Alfie

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alfiemate

Your screenshot won't show up until approved by the mods probably on Monday so............

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alfiemate
New Community Member

According to @kernowlass, the image won't be approved until Monday. Essentially it shows 1 crediting transaction of £21.97 then 2 debiting of the same amount. All labelled as transfers between my PayPal and my bank account. 

Login to Me Too

Nat2221
New Community Member
We’re you able to find a solution? I have the same problem but with smaller amounts and this has happened twice! I cannot get in touch with paypal to resolve this or dispute it via resolution centre since I never made the transaction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.