paypal keeps telling me that they can't complete my purchase and to return to merchant.

meggywoo709
Contributor
Contributor

this is frustrating me! i can't seem to make a purchase from a company who i purchase from ALL of the time. my paypal just keeps telling me to use another form of payment and return to the merchant. 

i only have my card linked to my checking around on debit as i dont have a credit card! but i never had issues with this before. does anybody have any input?

the company didn't have any answers for me and thought it was strange. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @meggywoo709,

Apologies for the delay, it sounds like this could be our security system blocking your payment.  Have you managed to complete this payment since? Also, it helps if you can make sure you are logging in from a secure network when initiating the payment. Lastly, if you are paying using a bank account please make sure you have an up to date debit or credit card linked to your PayPal account to be used as a back up funding source.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

EAIH
New Community Member

Hello, I am new to Paypal and am having the same problem. Trying to order an item from a company (not ebay) and keep getting the message -

We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time.

Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

Return to Merchant

Can you please resolve this issue for me? 

Account created - YES

Bank account confirmed - YES

Mobile number confirmed - YES

Email address confirmed - YES

The only thing I haven't done is add a card - do you think this is creating the problem? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi EAIH,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Not having a card on your account would add to the issue. A card acts as a back up to your bank account payments so it becomes more secure. It is possible to pay without having a card but not having one makes it more likely that our security system will kick in and stop the payment.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Spin92
Contributor
Contributor

I have done all of this and it doesnt work for me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

It sounds like you still need support @Spin92, please reach out to the relevant team on our freephone number 0800 358 7911. They will be happy to take a closer look and help you get to the bottom of this. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.