how to send tracking number

semracam
New Community Member

ive just sold an item to someone an they sent me the money, i received a payment confirmation from paypal they told me to send my tracking number i did this an still havent heard nothing an the process cant go fully through if this isnt done ! help 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi semracam,

I do apologise for our delayed response. When you receive a payment from PayPal we may hold the payment until tracking information is provided if you are a new seller. However you will always see the payment in your PayPal account as a received payment and if we are holding the payment you will see your payment as on hold.

If you do not see a payment in your PayPal account even if we are holding your payment please do not ship out your item.

I would also suggest that if you still have the email you received requesting you to ship the item that you send it to us for further review at spoof@paypal.com.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Thank you, Paula.  You saved me from a phishing scam 😃

Warm regards,

Soni

Login to Me Too

carly1985
New Community Member

hello

i have sold an item on ebay buy it now. the lady asked me for a invoice which i sent her. then i got an email from paypal asking for the tracking number before you release any money to me. i have look at my paypal account and ther is no payment of £580 pending. what shall i do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

If you listed it on ebay she should not have needed an invoice.

Start the unpaid item process on ebay to get back your final value fee.

She probably bid with a hijacked ebay account but wanted an invoice so you sent the item elsewhere.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.