Payment Processing Error (601). Cannot Complete Transaction.

Liquid_Orion
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am a new Paypal user. I paid for some eBay items earlier this week with no problems.

I tried to pay for another eBay item today, and I got a "Payment Processing Error" (601), which said:

"This transaction cannot be completed at this time. Please check your PayPal account settings or make the payment using www.ebay.com"

I have enough money to pay for the item, all of my other payments in the past have been accepted, and I checked with my bank who said there wasn't a problem with my card.

I tried to pay again a few hours later, and I still get the 601 Error message.

So i'm not sure what to do...is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Try deleting your web browser's cookies, temp files and history.  Next, close the browser, reopen it and retry.

Login to Me Too

Liquid_Orion
Contributor
Contributor

Hi snowshoe,

I tried what you suggested but I got the same result. I also got this message: "Please go to PayPal to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase."

I must surely have already done this, otherwise I would not have been able to buy items successfully earlier this week?

I have not become "Verified" because I don't want to "Link" my bank accounts to PayPal. And besides, i'm using a Credit card, not a Debit Card, so I don't see how adding my bank details helps. I don't want to use my Debit Card account to pay for items.

Could transaction size be a factor? My previous purchases were a few dollars each, but this one is quite a bit larger.

Login to Me Too

Yonghooninc2009
New Community Member

Kevin99
Contributor
Contributor

maybe because you're new and trying to buy a big value item ( >$500 ? )

if yes, paypal seem it like a risky and prevent you from make payment. try to call their customer support number to ask them for help. 

you can also take a look on this post. Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase

Login to Me Too

Jbrantley130
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting the same error 601 all day today..... And then I remembered that I had recently changed my address on my debit card that is verified with PayPal. So I changed the eBay shipping address to match my debit card address... And boom! Finally I can use PayPal again! Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

CharbelNajem
New Community Member

Hey there, Am sure that many are still suffering from this error! though here's what worked for me today, after few trials in a couple of days and a lot of frustrations.

On ebay:

Go to your "Account seetings" on the upper left corner from your screen.

Scroll down untill you see: "PayPal account information"

Below it, click on the link: "Update your PayPal settings"

Make sure you keep the SAME address you have on your paypal account (that you can see if you're logging in through the paypal website)

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

jcast156
New Community Member
Go to paypal reset password and pin them you can pay
Login to Me Too

Eswary
Contributor
Contributor

Ayubayub622
Contributor
Contributor
I can not pay for my item my account is ok I am tray To pay but I could not
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.