Pay After Delivery - Can I pay PayPal sooner

MalcolmF
Contributor
Contributor

After using the excellent Pay After Delivery option - Can I pay PayPal sooner or do I have to wait the 14 days . I can see an option to Pay Now when I look at the Transaction Details, but clicking this link appears to do nothing. I have received my item that i purchased and I want to know that all persons involved are paid and satisfied now instead of having to wait 14 days before Paypal take money from me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Malcolm 

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

oldmanmille
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Now button does not work on mine and I do not want to wait 14 days to have money taken out of my account.

How can I change this frustrating process????

Login to Me Too

oldmanmille
Contributor
Contributor

Turned the after delivery option off now so at least that cured but still unable to pay now for items already won!!

Login to Me Too

archiebabes

I am puzzled too. I selected Pay After Delivery but now I see that the amount will be debited from my bank account EVEN THOUGH I have a large positive Paypal balance. So I think this is a bit of a C O N. I have asked Paypal to remove the option from my account and take the payment from my balance as usual.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi archiebabes,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Pay After Delivery hasn't been positive. If you have asked for it to be turned off that will be done and you won't be offered the service again unless you request it.

In relation to the payment, when you choose Pay After Delivery the only option is for the funds to come from your bank. As it is a delayed payment a funding source has to be used rather than your balance. At the time of payment you will be shown which bank is used. 

I hope this explains things for you. 

Rachael. 

Login to Me Too

LewiJackRussell
Contributor
Contributor

That is such a generic, lazy answer (I find this a lot with both PayPal & eBay CS) and not at all helpful! I also had this 'Pay Now' option on an item I chose to PAD.

I recently bought a number of items using PAD but would like to pay earlier but couldn't locate the 'Pay Now' button. Bit annoying and not consistent I must say. The Pay After Delivery option is ideal but I don't understand why it's there sometimes and not other times! Turning the PAD option on/off is not a very good answer.

Login to Me Too

temp201809261w
Contributor
Contributor

agreed and the fact these people are coming forward with the problems and nothing has been done to fix them is rediculous..
also the fact you have to search thru different menus to find the pay now feature is a CON in its self!
Why the **bleep** can't we use paypal funds or another source of payment to pay for it... ? the money isnt actually taken from the bank until 14 days later so whats the issue here with using another source for payment?
Ive racked up 45 $ in over draft fees because of this for 60$ worth of purchases So im out 100+$ on 60$ worth of crap.

Login to Me Too

Saulpena2000
I want to use the pay after delivery option which would give me the 14 days of "float". Then around the 7th day I want to use the pay now option and use my PayPal credit account to pay it. Is this possible ? And if not is there a way to ask PayPal to make it happen.. I am having An issue with a seller that is refunding a purchase that I paid with my PayPal credit.. Since I can not use my PayPal credit until the refund clears , I want to use the pay after delivery option until it clears
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Saulpena2000,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

I've researched this and I'm afraid it isn't possible to fund a Pay After Delivery payment with PayPal credit.

A Pay After Delivery payment can only be funded by instant bank transfer on the 14th day or when you use the 'Pay Now' option. You just don't have the option to switch from a bank payment to PayPal Credit, you see 😞

I hate to be the bearer of this bad news though and hope you have a great weekend,

Conor 

Login to Me Too

temp201809261w
Contributor
Contributor

that doesnt explain WHY we can't pay now with paypal balance or another source im racking up tons of overdraft fees because my bank is giving me a courtsy covers because I couldnt use my credit card as a pay after deliver option ( which is stupid as well since you can use it as a back up )
the rules arent printed in sight and the service isnt explained as throughly and paypal should cover any inconviences that is caused not just saying oh well its because its this way. after someone already has a problem... theres like a hundred posts in here refering to these problems its evident the concept needs a revamp to fix these issues.
we're doing your job for you by telling you whats wrong the least that you guys could do is fix it and refund people like me who have been longtime paypal'ers and others that are getting duped because of the flaws in this system.

Login to Me Too

jdt
New Community Member

I dont like this new update either, i would rather pay straight after my purchase, instead of waiting 14 days, as it makes me to work out my funds loads better ! Is there is any chance to pay after purchase ? Sorry if i didnt spot the right answer ! 😄

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.