Pay After Delivery - Can I pay PayPal sooner

MalcolmF
Contributor
Contributor

After using the excellent Pay After Delivery option - Can I pay PayPal sooner or do I have to wait the 14 days . I can see an option to Pay Now when I look at the Transaction Details, but clicking this link appears to do nothing. I have received my item that i purchased and I want to know that all persons involved are paid and satisfied now instead of having to wait 14 days before Paypal take money from me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Malcolm 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No because you selected to pay after delivery. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your seller has been paid.

Paypal credit the seller in advance but don't take the money from you to pay themselves back again until the 14th day. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MalcolmF
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

I want to pay my debt to Paypal now and not wait the remaining 10 days. Can I do this?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No because you selected to pay after delivery. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gabbi
Contributor
Contributor

ive set up my pay after delivery but when im clicking pay now the option isnt there can u help please

Login to Me Too

MalcolmF
Contributor
Contributor

Gabbi

From what I now understand if you choose to pay after then you must wait the 14 days. The pay now option has fustrated me as well. I thought I could choose to pay PAYPAL from my account as soon as I was happy with my delivered item. Im a regular purchaser and I want to know exactly what funds I have remaining. I thought it would work a bit like Pay On Delivery except instead of handing payment to the courier I pay PAyPAL on the same day as my item was delivered.

Sorry if this doesnt help.

If anyone else can advise further please reply.

MalcolmF

Login to Me Too

susieb226
Contributor
Contributor

NOTE: you have to switch to classic view to even see the pay now option.

Login to Me Too

nuttytart288
Contributor
Contributor

As stated, Paypal have paid the seller on your behalf but If you wish to pay Paypal back before the stated 14 days, all you need to do is click on the transaction details, scroll down until you come to the insurance part where status and date are and click on Pay now. I have used this on many occassions and it seems that it was possibly a glitch when it wouldnt allow you to do so, MalcolmF

It does take a couple days to appear on your bank statement. You do NOT have to wait the full 14 days upon where Paypal will take it automatically from your account. Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

leftjeffa
Contributor
Contributor

Old thread - I know, but why do you have a tick next to your solution?? Your advice was far from right?

Login to Me Too

alim951
Contributor
Contributor

es you can pay anytime up untill the 14th day go in details and click pay now the money may take a few days 2 come out ur bank account but will say complete on paypal status

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.