Instant Transfer problem?

Jolkster
Contributor
Contributor

I know there are a lot of boards on problems with instant transfer, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for, so:

I play on a certain gaming site, where you can spend real money at get bonus items, etc.

PayPal usually lets me use instant transfer to make these transactions, but sometimes it won't.
I'm wondering why at certain times I can use it, but at other times it decides it's unsafe, even though I've purchased from them before, quite a few times.

It gets rather annoying when it won't let me purchase something I would like now, but have to use an echeck or drive down to pick up a mastercard, which usually comes to more than the card itself.  (Eg. $50 Mastercard comes to $55.68)
Whereas if I was able to use my instant transfer I wouldn't have to pay the extra.

Is there a way to fix this?
Such as contacting PayPal and asking them to allow this certain site?
Or another way?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

Chicki
Contributor
Contributor

I have two credit cards on file, one expires 2014 and the other 2016 and it still wont allow me to use instant transfer from my debit card, which is how I've been for years. I'm really starting to hate paypal since they wont even give us a reason as to why they've blocked instant transfer for most of us

Login to Me Too

laura84
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem... my instant transfer wouldnt work, so i kept sending them emails asking when it will be fixed whats the problem. eventually they stopped answering me with stuid responces (like use another payment method) and it worked again!! YAY!! well, after afew instant transfer payments today, one hour later its grayed out again. im sure the $4 total from ebay (ordered small items) isnt really enough of a threat to trigger a security problem. i usually make a lorge amount of purchases in a month, and the eCheck option just doesnt work for me. when are they going to fix this problem.

oh, and i do have a credit card for back up...

Login to Me Too

Beauregard
Contributor
Contributor

Some joke. NOT.

We are NOT amused. PayPal has gone right down the tubes and has become

totally useless.

WHY if I own a Credit Card would I even bother using something as flaky and

wonky as PayPal? Do tell. I have a telephone. I don't know of any bona fide

Company that would not accept a Credit Card over the telephone. Stores do

it, restaurants do it a million times a day for both. I can pay my flippin' groceries

with a Credit Card, and even some taxi Companies accept them. So, why

bother using PayPal? It is an insane way of doing business.

I do not own a single Credit Card, I have no debts - other than current expenses

like everyone else - and a Credit Card is merely a license to buy what one

does not NEED. At compound interest at that.

I don't know what people who have several Credit Cards are using PayPal

for, in addition to direct bank withdrawals. No wonder people are carrying

heavy debt loads. Great way to go into bankruptcy.

I've been using PayPal BECAUSE I don't own a any sort of Credit Cards,

not inspite of it. I am a Pensioner on a fixed income and I have no

desire to spend more than I have.

I have nothing. I owe nothing. And the rest I leave to the poor. 😉

It all makes think of people who, in thinking they are going to save a dollar

because they have a voucher or coupon for items at the grocery store,

and then use their cars to drive five miles away to cash their vouchers in.

That is the most illogical reasoning I've ever heard of. Gas, oil, tires, wear

and tear to save a dollar or three? Say what? Yet people do it daily, like

those coupons are some kind of Xmas gift.

If I can't walk to something I want. I don't NEED it. I may want it. But I

don't NEED it.

Never ever expect PayPal to give anybody a straight answer about

anything. Save your breath. And your temper. You will always be WRONG.

It is never PayPal's fault. It's in the fine invisible print in their T.O.S.

I wouldn't phone or email them if I were lying flat on my back and having

a coronary attack. I'd take a taxi to the Emergency instead.

I've been using PayPal for a few years for one thing, and one thing only:

I have a computer. This computer needs software, that software needs

a license. And the license needs to be renewed. Usually annually. I've

never had any problems using PP for any of it -- until this Summer when

one my necessary applications was due for renewal on June 9th. The

Company kept emailing me to tell me that my license was going to expire.

I took care of the renewal immediately - in April - ha! I process it and

when I get to PayPal - you guessed it - it wouldn't process because

PayPal - which was a Partner with Avantage no longer accepts  anything

but a - wait for it - Credit Card! Charming.

An hour ago, on another subscription I wanted to go Pro with, and does

use PayPal refuses at the the Pay Pal's checkout point to process it.

"You must use an alternative method for paying...blah blah blah ...

Credit Card!

To **bleep** with that.

I have never once seen a  PayPal Support person answer a single lousy

question in Community. Do they even bother monitoring it?  There's no

money in it for them...so...what we have here is an "attitude" problem

and a massive failure to communicate, Paul. **bleep** an egg!

I'm mad as **bleep** and...you know the rest.

I'm sorry about all your problems. I really am. I understand, completely.

Login to Me Too

Piraci

Ive been buying with paypal for years, and have been using instant transfer for a while now. Last night I bought a game of steam with instant transfer, everything went through fine. Then I tried to buy a second copy of the same game as a gift, and it refuses to let me use instant transfer. I went to ebay and tried to pay for purchases there as well, and no more instant transfer. I don't understand how in 5 minutes I can no longer use instant transfer. Has anyone figured out what the problem is?

Login to Me Too

werehatwere
New Community Member

This is just a guess, but you may have maxed out your spending limit.

Login to Me Too

Stormcrow5
New Community Member

Same problem here, also from Canada. Ive been useing the instant transfer for awile, Even did one last night and today when i went to try to buy a game on steam (Done this many times with instant transfer) it will not let me, Only eCheque what steam dosent allow. No real reason why it just stopped letting me what kinda **bleep** me off, atleast if they gave a reason why it stopped working i would know whats going on but nope

Login to Me Too

VincentDesr
Contributor
Contributor

The title says it all. I bought a 65$ item from eBay and guess what, it seems PayPal only allows me to buy for up to 49.99$ per month or something.

This is extremely frustrating because I refuse to pay for such little ammounts with my credit card but PayPal/eBay deliberatly blocks it for whatever **bleep**ing reason!.

PayPal used to be a fanstatic tool to pay online. Now they have becaome another God Damned hindrance we have to go through so they can pennies on every **bleep**ing transactions they process.

Login to Me Too

68biscayne
Contributor
Contributor

Another Canuck here. I can understand if on the eCheque, it took three days to go through. Give them time to verify everything is ok. Not practical, but understandable. What i don't understand is how a transaction can sit in pending 4 or 5 days after you try and do it, even though they take the money from your account the day you try and purchase it. They have your money, the bank knows they have your money and yet, they can not confirm they have it......

I thought interact (debit card) was an instant transfer of money. If I went out to eat with my family and they told me I had to wait 6 days for transaction to go through, I'm pretty sure I would not be eating there....

Login to Me Too

FuriousGeorge11
Contributor
Contributor

This is my last and final attempt before I close my account, I've called over 5 times and it still has not been resolved. Every single time I call, I get the same answer from unprofessional call agents. I've been using PayPal for over 4 years now and I did not seem to have this problem in the past, just recently this started to happen. Before, whenever I purchase something online, I'm able to use direct transfer, and it was very convenient. Just recently, I started to lose that option and the only option I had to pay was with a credit card that was expired 3 years ago. So I called PayPal and they told me that I needed to add a new credit card and verify that in order to use my instant transfer again.... having done that, it still does not give me the option. I've called the second time and they said this will not happen again, I was told that I was going to be able to use bank transfers after this call, stupid enough of me, I believed it. Next time I bought something online, I was only given the option to use my Visa, once again, I called and asked why that happened... They said, oh it wont happen again, blah blah blah, then tried to transfer me to their other department, I was on HOLD for 47 minutes (timer on my cellphone) and after that, they just hung up on me. I let it go that time, I was too frustrated to call back. THEN, the same thing happens for 4 other transactions and I call again and again and again, still, get the same answer "this won't happen again, you will be able to use your bank transfer" blah blah blah.... If you are not going to let me use my bank transfer, then at least tell me why this happened??? I was able to use it for the past 4 years without a valid backup source, now that I have a valid backup source, you don't give me that option.... please explain.

Login to Me Too

Deweyoxberg
Contributor
Contributor

Same issues here...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.