Send Money/Add Funds via Credit Card?

robyn44
New Community Member

Hi there,

I am getting extremely frustrated with attempting to add funds or send money to someone with a credit card. I could swear that 5-6 years ago when I was in the UK, I used my credit card to add funds almost imediately (or within 1-2 days) using my credit card. Now I live in Canada and this option seems impossible.

I want to know if I can add funds to PayPal through my credit card. At this point it ONLY saus "add funds from bank account" this is the only option. I have added my credit card to my PayPal account and verified it and there is STILL no option to add funds from my credit card. Is it just not possible?

In another post, someone asked how to pay with a credit card and got this answer:

"If an Instant Transfer from a bank account is available for the purchase, it will always be the default method of payment.  While the default method of payment can't be altered, you can switch it over to your desired funding source on a per transaction basis.  While reviewing the payment details, look in the section detailing your funding source.  There should be a link there to change what is being charged; select your desired option, review the changes, and you'll be able to charge your card for the transaction.

Thanks!

Adrian"

This is not possible though! Upon sending money, I select "change" as Adrian said and once again the ONLY option there is from PayPal Balance.

It seems impossible for me to get money to anyone in a timely fashion, the only way seems to be to wait 6-7 business days (sometimes a total of 10 days) to add funds to my account. This is completely inadequate when attempting to pay people quickly or purchase anything quickly. Woman Sad

Could I please have a straight forward, easy to follow and not automated response?

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.