Instant Transfer problem?

Jolkster
Contributor
Contributor

I know there are a lot of boards on problems with instant transfer, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for, so:

I play on a certain gaming site, where you can spend real money at get bonus items, etc.

PayPal usually lets me use instant transfer to make these transactions, but sometimes it won't.
I'm wondering why at certain times I can use it, but at other times it decides it's unsafe, even though I've purchased from them before, quite a few times.

It gets rather annoying when it won't let me purchase something I would like now, but have to use an echeck or drive down to pick up a mastercard, which usually comes to more than the card itself.  (Eg. $50 Mastercard comes to $55.68)
Whereas if I was able to use my instant transfer I wouldn't have to pay the extra.

Is there a way to fix this?
Such as contacting PayPal and asking them to allow this certain site?
Or another way?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

julsnews
Contributor
Contributor

I am Canadian..However...if my credit cards are verified as are my bank accounts WHY can I not use instant transfer???? 

All is up to date no expiration coming etc. But when I have accounts LINKED to my CARDS why can I not use instant transfer...This makes no sense whatsoever...If funds are not I'm my account as you are assuming they may not be..Then you have 2 valid credit cards to utilize....

I will wait for the day..which is sooner than PayPal and Ebay may think when the market is not cornered by your businesses and then I can comparison shop for somewhere with adequate customer service...I just spent well over 3000 dollars on Christmas gifts that may not arrive on time because of a change in practice I as a consumer was not made aware of .....

Coming to a discussion board for information is not typically best business practice...

Canadians are huge consumers and business people...Unfortunately in this case at the mercy of an uniformed American business...All the more reason to only buy in Canada from Canadians...

As an Uninformed, ignorant American company you, as others before you, have let your assumptions effect your business sense

Login to Me Too

db7
New Community Member

I am Canadian and all of a sudden I cannot use instant transfer anymore. I have been using it regularly to purchase from one business and then a few months ago, the payment automatically started going as an e-check! Which takes forever. And charges the merchant an extra $2. It didn't even give me an option to choose anything. She keeps asking me to fix it - but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

julsnews
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same issue, I have 2 credit cards verified and 2 bank accounts...I only use paypal at xmas for buying gifts..

Mostly eBay and now I may not receive my items in time...I was never notified of any change not have I had any payment issues..

I do not want to use my credit cards..The whole point of adding my bank accounts was so that I did not have to use my credit cards...

Payments that have come out of my account still show as pending...when money has been removed....NOT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE..I TRIED TO PHONE BUT COULD NOT WAIT ON HOLD FOR THE REST OF THE DAY....

Used to love this service now I may use my credit card and forego paypal if possible...

This is my money my service and yet I have to wait for 10 days to ship when funds removed from my account the first day?????

This hardly seems like good business practice

Login to Me Too

sun62flower
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting "This merchant only accepts instant payments. To continue with this purchase, link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account Or choose other options below." when trying to buy from a site that I have bought from before. I am also Canadian (it seems to be a trend?)

I have more than enough funds in my paypal account, and have a Bank account linked to Paypal. (Verified Premier account)

This is what the checkout page looks like: http://i.imgur.com/8VdSv.png

My only options seem to be to link a credit card and pay directly from that, or pay directly from my bank account... What about the money that is sitting in my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Texhnolyze
Contributor
Contributor

this is amazing.

Login to Me Too

Texhnolyze
Contributor
Contributor

My instant transfer option is disabled during transactions, which is probably due to a failed transfer because of insufficient funds.There is no link stating that my account is limited in my account overview, I also have a CC back up, and no it's not about to expire.

Thanks

Emailed ^this to paypal twice but all I got was an automated message, I don't even think they read them. Any help would be great, thanks. 

Login to Me Too

CaliWildViolet
Contributor
Contributor

I have the money in my account as well as the others have stated. For the first time ever, I happily log onto a used book store sight able to make a purchase and it states the merchant only accepts instant payments. I have no credit cards and cannot find anything to make this change.

I made a purchase last week with another sight who had no problem with my payment at all...

WHY and HOW...does one set up instant payment?

Login to Me Too

theguyzrock
Contributor
Contributor

Like i said i'm bumpin all these for INSTANT PAYMENT GREYED out as is a PAYPAL Issue not consumer.

Poeny up Paypal and tell us why Canadians are getting shafted, you have not changed TOS as never received or accepted new TOS....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.