Instant Transfer problem?

Jolkster
Contributor
Contributor

I know there are a lot of boards on problems with instant transfer, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for, so:

I play on a certain gaming site, where you can spend real money at get bonus items, etc.

PayPal usually lets me use instant transfer to make these transactions, but sometimes it won't.
I'm wondering why at certain times I can use it, but at other times it decides it's unsafe, even though I've purchased from them before, quite a few times.

It gets rather annoying when it won't let me purchase something I would like now, but have to use an echeck or drive down to pick up a mastercard, which usually comes to more than the card itself.  (Eg. $50 Mastercard comes to $55.68)
Whereas if I was able to use my instant transfer I wouldn't have to pay the extra.

Is there a way to fix this?
Such as contacting PayPal and asking them to allow this certain site?
Or another way?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

crp_tyson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm Canadian. That might be the cause. Either way, I'm refusing to use PayPal until it comes back. We're all adults using this service, so I don't see the need for them to be protecting us. I'm sure we're all able to make a decision on our own. I guess it's time to check out those other services.

Login to Me Too

billstewart10

Same problem here, and Canadian also.  What I find extremely funny is the fact that on some issues here on these boards an Admin steps in with some sort of vague explanation, that doesn't actually offer any sort of answer to anyone with these problems but looks good because they showed their face and danced around the issue.   But do you notice that anything like this they stay hidden, or have nothing at all to say!!!!  I too have also called support to address this problem, the service reps that answer can offer nothing for a reason.  Have been put on hold for twenty minutes while they get a supervisor, only then to be cut off??  From what I have been reading on here sounds as thou that is the way to answer those unknown issues... hang up.

So with all the complaints and people that are unhappy about this issue, (that they are trying to resolve) you think after a few days, any company with programmers that can make and maintain a sight such as eBay, paypal, that they would have this worked out and fixed very quick, rather then have all the angry and upset customers.

Login to Me Too

jezziebezzie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so glad I found this thread! I was goin' nuts.  I thought it was just me.

Another Canadian here, BTW.

I had trouble logging in the other night, it took me until try number three for some reason - my p'word was correct but it kept telling me it was wrong.  I thought maybe it was just that night as a weird security precaution because I was close to a password lockout.  But I've tried to make purchases from 4 of my usual sites that I've never had Instant transfer issues with before (Including eBay & Etsy)

This is really frustrating.  I did a $ transfer from my acct to Paypal (just a few bucks) to see if that shakes it loose, but it doesn't seem like any site is safe for me.  I'm pretty savvy Paypal.  If I deem it safe & choose to make a purchase, then take my transaction! Sheesh.

Login to Me Too

ChaseDerick

Having the same problem as well, I'm using a PC Financial Card (Canada) and paypal used to let me use Instant Transfers, but sadly, they blocked it as soon as I was ready to order something. What kind of service is this.

Login to Me Too

historian1974

I have had a PayPal account for quite a while, have had a number of different bank accounts and credit cards on file and have had no problems except for the failure of the US-managed PayPal to understand that Canadian bank-issued debit cards yank the money out of the **bleep** bank in seconds and transfer it to an American destination account in seconds more.  But that's not my issue now.

For some reason, and I have no idea what that may be, tonight PayPal decided to refuse to allow me to pay for my purchases.  I ordinarily use direct bank transfer, and have been very satisfied with the system.  My bank accounts have lots of money in them, and have never refused a PayPal request/demand for funds.  To add insult to injury, PayPal has also refused to allow payment to be made via my credit card, also in good standing with zero negative history.  The Sellers are all longtime Sellers on Ebay and longtime users of PayPal, with sterling records.  There is no discernable reason why these payments should have been refused.

I want someone to tell me, in plain English, why.  It's not much to ask.

Login to Me Too

ringoray
Contributor
Contributor

I too am a long time member of paypal and today I had paypal refuse instant transfer from companies that I have purchased regularly from, including in the last week.  I have contacted both companies and they have told me the problem is not on my side but on paypal's what is going on? I have never had a problem before with my account.

Login to Me Too

UnknownXV
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I too tried to purchase a gaming mouse from newegg using the instant bank transfer option, but it was refused too! What's going on? The mouse is on an incredible 50% off special that won't last long, I really want to buy it! 

Login to Me Too

laura84
Contributor
Contributor

i too am in the same boat. been using paypal for 2 yrs, and have always used instant bank transfer. i even have a credit card as back up.

i sent them an email about it, they pretty much just said, sometimes the security system does that, use another payment option. well, when i messaged back to ask when the instant transfer problem will be resolved, i was told to use another payment option. seems like they are avoiding answering whats going on, and if they are going to fix it, and when.

its a big hassle

Login to Me Too

Jbum
Contributor
Contributor
Same story here! Very annoyed.
Login to Me Too

altontoth
New Community Member

Fun fact (that I just discovered tonight). I have/had the exact same problem. Credit card still good, lots of money in the account, routine payment to a supplier. Already made one payment with the e-check setup, was trying to make a second one and decided to **bleep** it. Called up PayPal support. The guy did his best, but wasn't able to figure it out due to limitations on their system. 

I suggested that perhaps since my credit card expires this month, PayPal was considering it 'unusable', because if the transaction rolls over the end of the month, that back up funding source is no longer available. I registered the wife's card which expires in a couple years, and boom! Instant transfer was back. Solved it on my own. Take a lok, maybe that's what's going on for other people too.

The credit card is still valid, but it may not be by the time the transaction goes through so they just deny it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.