Error message at ebay checkout

BubblesUK
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have tried to pay for items purchsed on ebay using my paypal account but everytime I get the above message I have £68.00 in my paypal balance and money on in the accounts linked to paypal so not sure what the problem is

Login to Me Too
189 REPLIES 189

ozkars88
Contributor
Contributor

"We're not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please try again later."

I try 5 times and now paypal send 5 payment for one item! What i can do now???

Login to Me Too

mmm76
New Community Member

I have claimed this kind of payments as unauthorized payments.

Somebody (the system or any employee of the PayPal due to decision or error - doesn't matter) did it without my permission and without to send any note / invoice about this transactions.

Login to Me Too

disgusted27
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem checking out with my PayPal account in each of three purchases over a six  month period. This evening I made a buy It now purchase on ebay at 9:30 EST. I called PayPal shortly arterword after I made six futile attempts to pay for the item. I received the same error message that this topic is about. I was on the phone with PayPal from 9:30 to 1:00 AM EST with 12 different PayPal reps. I asked each one of these reps if this was a common problem that other PayPal users were experiencing. All of the reps. denied that this was a problem with multiple users. The mere existence of this forum makes it very obvious that the reps are dishonest at best. Two of the reps. tried to blame this issue on a browser malfunction. They are obviously dishonest about this issue. I tried three different browsers and I received the same error message. This is an on going problem that PayPal has failed to resolve and they are bald faced liars on top of it all. Ice cubes will be sold in Hades before I ever reccomend PayPal to anyone. At 1"00 AM the last PayPal simply directed me to a recorded message that their office is now closing and the call went to a dial tone. I was not informed that this was going to happen. I have two purchases to resolve and I will close my PayPal account for good. They are dishonest, rude, and incompetent. 

Login to Me Too

JasonBorne
Contributor
Contributor

Well, since no one else replied with any kind of solution, I will.

So I had the same exact error message (please return to merchant to try another form of payment (if available)). And after transfering my money to an alternate paypal account ($25), I received the same error message. So, I then put it back to my bank account, waited 3 days to get it, then withdrew the money to cash form again. Went to wal-mart, was ensured if I used a greendot credit card, it would work. Well another $5 for the card to load it, and guess what? Same error. Tried yet a third card, same error.

Solution - Since I narrowed the issue down to the eBay checkout system (through simple process of elimination), I contacted the seller and had him/her send me a invoice DIRECTLY from Paypal, bypassing the eBay checkout. And, that did the trick. I hope anyone who reads this is pleased to find that it worked.

I feel terrible for all the people here who HAVE the money and still cannot buy from eBay. And I hope this works for you.

Cheers from Orlando FL ^^

Login to Me Too

FastShip4U
Contributor
Contributor

My solution:  Remove the card and then re-add it.  This has worked for me.  This is indeed an IP/security issue.  I have moved my computer and there was a router change as well.  I'm no netrowking wizard by any means, but perhaps that was the reason.

Login to Me Too

LuckyLatvia
Contributor
Contributor

Here is solution.It worked for me atleast.

1st. change ur IP on PC.

2nd wait 24 hours.

3rd retry ur purchase 

4th it should buy.

Worked for me fine 

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

This is for everyone whos having problems paying with paypal. hopefully this will shed some light as to why.

If you payment wont go thru its due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1. the payment was declined by bank/card issuer

2. the payment was stopped by paypals security system.

if 1, then check that the card details are correct on paypal. also check you card hasnt expired. if this isnt the problem, phone the bank and ask for the online authorisation dept. they will till you why it was declined.

if 2, paypal blocked it as they suspected it was risky or fraudulent. they cant override the system so no use phoning and yelling at them. try a different card if you have one. if that does nt work trying waiting 24 hours. if still no joy try the following:

1. verify your bank account if not already done

2. ask the person/company to send you a money request and pay directly through it

3. top up your paypal balance and try the payment

if all else fails try phils method.

hopefully this helps a little

Login to Me Too

soberness

I got the same error multiple times when trying on my laptop. tried on the ebay app and it worked on 2nd attempt. just an alternative to try guys.....

Login to Me Too

you
New Community Member
Paltalk.com
Error Message

We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Site Feedback

PayPal. Safer. Simpler. Smarter.

For more information, see our Privacy Policy, User Agreement and Key Payment and Service Information.

Copyright © 1999-2013 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too

alhadi2005
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Please help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.