Error message at ebay checkout

BubblesUK
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have tried to pay for items purchsed on ebay using my paypal account but everytime I get the above message I have £68.00 in my paypal balance and money on in the accounts linked to paypal so not sure what the problem is

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to hear that some of you have found a resolution to this error through customer service or through twitter.  I wanted to let everyone know that this error can be caused by many different things from card declines to the PayPal security system.  Our customer service and twitter team will do everything they can to help but there may be some situations that can't be fixed by PayPal or situations where the PayPal security system will not allow a payment to be sent.  There may also be situations where we need to verify your identity to ensure that your account is not being accessed by someone other than you.

Your security is our top priority and I know most security measures can make things frustrating at times.  Thanks for your patience and understanding and thanks for using PayPal! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
189 REPLIES 189

ajl
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem with paypal and I get this message:-

error

We were not able to process your payment. Please try again.

This Paypal message wasn't much help either:-

Unfortunately, we cannot give you detailed information as to why our security system has blocked your transaction nor can we override or manually change the security settings. This is a standard procedure for all transactions going through PayPal and is in accordance with our User Agreement.

What can I do now to complete my purchase?

Login to Me Too

kristy93
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.. What can we do about it? Or do we have to wait until it's fixed? 😕

Login to Me Too

Curlybug
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have the same problem. Been trying to pay all weekend and this is the first time I have been able to reply on these boards.

I have sent emails to paypal and one of them just bounced back saying they couldnt answer questions by email! Groan.

I have been able to pay for a couple of purchases by using the 'guest' account, but then they stopped accepting my card.

Hope someone helps soon....

Login to Me Too

kristy93
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I was so made, that it doesn't work, that I deleted my credit card and also bank account and I am trying to create a new one.. Unfortunately, it says error too 😕

Login to Me Too

hobocorp
New Community Member

Same here, i have funds on my credit card and on the mbnet card i made i have 100 euros available but when i go to checkout and pay for 74 euros it just gives me an error and doesnt let me pay and it keeps trying to charge my card for 1.00 dollar

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there hobocorp,

It sounds like your card is being declined by your issuing bank. 

Check that your card details are correct by going to 'Profile' and then 'My Money' 

I'd encourage you to contact your card issuer and speak to someone who deals with online payments.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

squillybet

I had this same problem, I didn't change any details on my account but used ebays mobile site and it went through no problem... Why I wonder?

Login to Me Too

kreez
Contributor
Contributor

This actually works! For those recieving this error and have a Mobilephone capable of using the ebay app, then try completing your transaction through the app, its simple to maneuver around and fairly self explanatory. 

Login to Me Too

This method work for me too. Used kreez's method. Tried going on different browsers on the computer but didn't work. So paid on my eBay mobile application and worked! lol Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.