Error message at ebay checkout

BubblesUK
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have tried to pay for items purchsed on ebay using my paypal account but everytime I get the above message I have £68.00 in my paypal balance and money on in the accounts linked to paypal so not sure what the problem is

Login to Me Too
189 REPLIES 189

tomeo123
New Community Member

Guys,

Had the same problem. It is a security problem relates to the browser you're using.

I live outside of the US, and my previous purchases worked 100% on my homeland with all browsers.

However, now I'm in the US (traveling) and when trying to purchase using Google Chrome I get the above message as Paypal suspect that I'm a fraud.

I also had the problem with Chrome while trying to access my account on PayPal and modify it (same issue - the browser denied access claiming the address is a possible fraud)

When trying to do the same on the old IE (I have IE7) everything worked OK, probably because it's outdated 🙂

I could process my purchase from the US without a problem

My two cents Smiley Frustrated,

Tomer

Login to Me Too

Rachel631
New Community Member

Having used paypal for years, I got this message. Tried changing my browser, using ebay.com etc. I have money in the account, my cards are fine and all authorised/validated etc.

Called up customer services, who were absolutely useless. What a waste of time and money it was speaking to them. I asked them to look at this thread to see if it could help (they basically said there was nothing they could do) and they said they couldn't find it and that it was probably not a legitimate paypal community website.

Furious is not the word. I'm absolutely livid and will be looking into alternate ways to transfer money in future.

Login to Me Too

sverkere
Contributor
Contributor

One more thing besides trying ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk was that I registered my ebay account within the paypal account (see the menus).

Perhaps that helps?

Login to Me Too

lindyloo4000

Interesting about browser making a difference, as I recently updated and now get the message that my transaction can't be processed and I need to return to merchant.

Eventually paid as a paypal guest and that worked!

Login to Me Too

joelbennescher
Contributor
Contributor

i guess, there are several different error messages.

as what this one concerns

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

You are not able to complete your payment with PayPal

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I got an answer from Ebay, that says:

Its a technical issue, we can not solve it. The payment you wanted to do will be always blocked, please find some other way to pay it.

Awesome.

Login to Me Too

Karathez
Contributor
Contributor
I'm getting this problem too, trying to buy Torchlight 2 from Runic Games, my friend has also tried with the same error, both of us have verified our bank accounts, & confirmed our cards. I just tried the different browser thing, using IE instead of FF, still no joy. Never had any problems buying anything online before, & I have easily enough money to cover the purchase in my account. Both me & my friend are in the uk, & with barclays.
Login to Me Too

esketh
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting the same message as Bubbles... I've tried switching my browser, waiting overnight, typing in ebay.com.au instead of ebay.co.uk, and nothing has changed the outcome. This is exceptionally frustrating, seeing as I had trouble with paypal only a few days back as well! I'll be immensely upset if paypal causes me to receive negative feedback on my transaction because I wasn't able to pay fast enough!

Login to Me Too

Kadayif
New Community Member

Having the same problem. I normally live in Canada but I'm in Turkey right now. Tried to purchase a game from the developers website, paypal asked me to verify the bank account number and I did. Still not letting me make the purchase. Very annoying.

Login to Me Too

tekimp
Contributor
Contributor

You are not able to complete your payment with PayPal

Yes, such a wonderful message to recieve.

A week of waiting to see if it was something on my end... I buy a lot of stuff off of ebay and well... I don't like negative reviews and I definately did not want my ebay account suspended for something out of my control.  

I grew increasingly upset and started making calls.  Calling PayPal first.

They confirmed that it was something on their end.

The 1st person I spoke with for over an hour, was dead set in not assisting me with finding a solution.  Way too much push back.  Only making me upset and more determined to resolve the matter.  

Upon ending that conversation, I stepped back and thought things out.  What I knew and what I had assumed.  I needed more information.  I found this wonderful forum... read up... and called back.

Got a hold of a different customer service representative.  Who was hesitant about assisting me in resolving the issue.  Just like the first.  Except, I kept pushing the issue and finally was transfered to the "fraud department."

Upon speaking with this "fraud department" representative, the issue was SOLVED!!!!

Thus, there is a lack of training for customer support personnel in dealing with this error.

Also, that error message is complete garbage!  It is misleading and a frustration that is uncalled for!

I hope the steps I took to resolve this issue assist anyone else that may come upon this problem.

Login to Me Too

Bossbhavesh
New Community Member

Not working for me also. Same error..Trying from past 2 days. Paypal please resolve this issue ASAP!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.