Error message at ebay checkout

BubblesUK
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have tried to pay for items purchsed on ebay using my paypal account but everytime I get the above message I have £68.00 in my paypal balance and money on in the accounts linked to paypal so not sure what the problem is

Login to Me Too
189 REPLIES 189

Iljimae

Help please.

I have been trying to make a purchase for hours now

I keep getting the following message:

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have an outstanding card and my account is verified.

Why am I not able to make my purchase?

Please assist me

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Herro

Hello paypaler I don't have a twitter account and don't really want to get one how can I resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too

hanas001

I had same error message and I found the probable way to solve it (may be it would help someone). The reason was in bank card, I attached it, but did not authorised it, to do this I entered my account > profile > add/edit credit card > in action section verified bank card. Since that precedure everything worked fine!

Login to Me Too

DMstl
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  I am getting this error when attempting to pay from several different merchants, one of them is eBay.  I've tried paying from a credit card, from my checking account, and even with a Bill Me Later transaction.  None of them work.

I've tried different computers, different browsers etc.  I called and talked on the phone with customer support at PayPal and they have no idea what is wrong.  They said that there are no restrictions on my account.  The rep I was talking with told me to reboot my router and try again and if that didn't work then to try again in two hours.  It still doesn't work.

I've been using PayPal for years.  If this doesn't get resolved I won't be able to purchase from eBay anymore as 99% of the sellers use PayPal as their only method of payment.  A couple of other online merchants I've tried to buy from today use PayPal as their only payment processor too.

What in the world is going on here?  I spoke with two different support representatives at PayPal and both of them looked at my account and couldn't find anything wrong. 

Login to Me Too

kreator

having the same issue, maybe someone can look?

Login to Me Too

Jonana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am getting the same error message. I have used my paypal account to pay for goods and services several times before.

I really don't get it. I am really annoyed as I need to buy something on ebay. It seems like Paypal just does not give a crap.

This is so frustrating! Paypal resolve the issue please. We are all tired of this nonsense!

Login to Me Too

checkouterror

Hi,friend,i am also getting this error message.i can pay the money on paypal.com.but if i pay the checkout on ebay.then there will be a error message "you need to contact your merchant" i have tried many times with any way.change the computer and IE  to firefox.how  to fix  this?

Login to Me Too

sverkere
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I had the same problem with ebay.co.uk

Gave up and went to ebay.com instead.

Problem solved!

Login to Me Too

alanmtait

Thanks for suggestion, but didn't work for me 😞

Login to Me Too

Yupaijem
New Community Member

I am also getting this f*cking error message.

I have used my paypal account to pay for goods and services several times before, and no error.

I am really annoyed as I need to pay service on merchant website. It seems like Paypal just does not give a crap.

This is so frustrating! You (Paypal) need to resolve this issue ASAP.

We are all tired of this nonsense!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.