cannot pay for ebay shipping label using Paypal balance anymore

hajbo
Contributor
Contributor

When I sell things on ebay I purchase the postage and print the shipping label on ebay also. When paying for postage I am sent to the Paypal site, and previously had an option to use a card or pay using my Paypal balance. Now the balance option is not available anymore, I have to use my card on file.

Anyone know why this has been disabled? 

Is there a way in my Paypal profile to turn the "use balance" option back on? Could not find one

Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michael

Hello, hajbo. Thanks for taking the time to post your question here in the PayPal Community Forum. Not being able to use your balance to pay for purchases is a definite concern. I hope the following information is helpful.

If you are a customer in the United States, or another country where PayPal is required to confirm a customer's identity and other information, it may be that you need to complete PayPal's Customer Identification Program (CIP) in order to be able to use the money in your balance again. Please check out https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/paypal%E2%80%99s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-faq7... for more information on the CIP.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

hajbo
Contributor
Contributor

Is this a new requirement as of just recently?

I don't have a bank account linked, only a credit card on file, but as of earlier this year, February or March, using Paypal balance was an option when buying mailing labels thru ebay. No more.

What has changed?

Thank you

-Hank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello hajbo,

As a result of a new regulation issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in Washington, D.C. coming into effect on April 1, 2019, we are making some changes that will affect consumers who want to hold and use balance with PayPal.

Here is a link with more information: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/archive-policies-full?locale.x=en_US

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.