Resolution Center dispute

TheUnderground1
New Community Member

Hello, I am writing to you about Case ID: PP-D-114766046. On May 31st, 2021 customer Grigor <removed> contacted Paypal claiming that their order was not delivered. Their order was purchased on January 26th 2021 and was shipped on January 27th 2021. I promptly (on May 31st, 2021) provided Paypal with a receipt from USPS showing the customers address, the tracking number and the date that the order was shipped. I then went to the post office that the order was shipped from with the tracking number / receipt in hand. Much to my dismay I was informed that USPS does not keep information on tracking numbers after 4 months and was told to go to the main post office downtown and talk to a supervisor, which is what I did. At the main post office I was informed that when a customer does not receive a parcel they do not wait 5 months to notify the seller which is why no information is kept that long and that the customer should contact the seller within a reasonable amount of time in the future. I passed all of this information onto Paypal at which time Paypal requested the shipping companies name, website and tracking number for the parcel. Even though I had already submitted this information in the form of the receipt from USPS I provided it again with another copy of the same receipt from USPS. Paypal then closed the case in the buyers favor and told me that I owed them the purchase price of the order because the tracking number was no longer valid. I then called Paypal and spoke to an agent to inform Paypal that all USPS tracking numbers are invalid after 4 months and this does not mean that the package was not shipped. I also informed the agent that I have a 100% positive feedback on eBay where the order was placed which you can see by clicking this link: Feedback Profile (ebay.com) Which shows that I have sold many gold and silver products and everyone else has received their orders and is a satisfied customer, everyone except Grigor <removed>. This was suspicious and so was the fact that the customer waiting so long to claim they did not receive their order. Because while all of this was going on another customer filed a complaint claiming they also did not receive their order and they didn't even wait long enough for the parcel to be delivered. Customer Randy <removed> ordered a gold coin on June 12th 2021 and then asked for a refund on June 28th 2021 Case ID: PP-D-117875498 and then on June 30th 2021 contacted Paypal to say that the order had been delivered and he was happy with his purchase. So why did Grigor <removed> wait 5 months to complain / contact Paypal? So I then went to the USPS website and entered the tracking number at which point the website offered me archived information for a fee of $9.95 which I paid and received an email from USPS showing that the parcel was shipped up to January 30th 2021 but did not show it being delivered. I then took this information back to the post office that shipped the order where I was informed that I could fill out a missing package form through their website as that is no longer handled at the post office but that there is a 30 day cut off for filing for a missing package. I then went to the USPS website and filed for a missing package at which point the website said this was not a domestic order but was international and I'd have to file an international missing package report. When I tried to file an international missing package report I was told that the tracking number was invalid and the report could not be submitted with that tracking number. I then researched the customers zip code and found out that the order came from Afghanistan and not the United States as the customer had claimed when they provided their shipping address and wrote United States at the bottom of the address they provided. I do not ship orders outside of the United States and had I known this order was going overseas I would have cancelled the order and refunded the customers money. I then found out that USPS sends overseas military orders to New York where military mail picks the parcel up and then ships them to Germany, Kuwait and then Afghanistan. I also learned that Grigor <removed> is not in the military, is not a U.S. citizen and does not hold a U.S. Paypal account. Grigor <removed> is a citizen of Afghanistan and is a contract employee for the U.S. military. I was then directed to Paypal's rules for buyer / seller protection while trying to understand what I did wrong to prevent future problems. Paypal's buyer / seller protection rules are posted here: PayPal User Agreement - PayPal US and say that gold and precious metals are not covered, that Paypal accounts outside of the U.S. are not covered and that I followed all of the rules to a tee. I told this to the Paypal agent that I spoke with on July 16th 2021 and was told that the case would be decided in my favor and the money taken from my account for this dispute would be returned and I only needed to watch for an email from Paypal. But then on July 19th 2021 I received a phone call from another Paypal agent demanding that I pay the balance as the case was closed and decided in the buyers favor. I'm also being threatened on Paypal's website that this will be turned over to collections and my credit destroyed if I refuse to pay the customer for the order that I shipped. I then went back to the USPS website and went to military packages where I sent an email telling the military mail about the missing package at which time I learned that the customer is not allowed to order / receive gold or precious metals at this zip code which that rule can be viewed here: APO/FPO/DPO Restrictions (usps.com) So then I wondered why the customer would even order gold from eBay and someone in the states when that is not permitted and they could have bought the same gold bar locally a lot easier and cheaper. I then called Paypal and spoke with another agent named 'Lee' who requested that I send a copy of the receipt I received from USPS, I informed him that I've already submitted this information / receipt multiple times at which time he requested a copy of the form the post office has you fill out when sending to military bases or APO/FPO to be sent to Paypal. I then scanned the requested document and sent it to Paypal on July 19th 2021. I have not received a confirmation email saying that this information was received and Paypal's website still shows me owing money for this dispute and that the dispute is closed in the buyers favor. I am sending this information again but I do not have more time to waste as this has cost me customers and profit as I now am requiring my new customers to pay for a signature on all precious metals ordered and my customers are ordering from my competition because it is cheaper to order through them then to pay the extra shipping charges for a signature. I also removed all of my products from eBay as I can not afford this. I did approximately $20,000 in sales last year and after paying eBay's and Paypal's commissions I'm lucky if I have a 10% profit margin. Both eBay and Paypal got paid from this order but I'm being told that I have to lose money. I am an honest business person trying to make an honest buck why Paypal chooses to believe this one customer over the hundreds of satisfied customers who received their orders is beyond me. While I followed all of Paypal's rules the customer did not and you have chosen to take their word over mine, please explain to me why? What is it that I am doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.