back up funding

ikd
New Community Member

can anyone advise,

i have just attempted to pay for a large item using my bank up funding, only to be told that it is not available on this transaction.

pay pal are more than happy to go to this funding if there are insufficient funds in my bank account,

and because i am a responsible member who checks his back and credit card balances daily, i know there will not be sufficient funds, hence my preference to use my back up funding.

i have never had this problem before and paid for an item yesterday with my back up funding.

i am no where near my transaction limits

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal sometimes limit the funding sources available for any transaction, it's a computer generated risk assessment, it shouldnt be taken as any reflection on you. If you want to use your card to fund this purchase then remove your bank account, pay, then add it back Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

Thanks for your response red-bay! Kudos to you.

Ikd, as you are trying to send a larger amount you may have to confirm your card before the system will let you send it directly from that card. I have provided the steps below on how to confirm your card if you haven’t done it in the past. The process does take a few days to complete but I would highly recommend completing it.

Linking and confirming your card is really easy. Just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Click 'Credit Cards' under 'Financial Information'.
4. Click 'Link and Confirm My Card'.
5. Click 'Save and Continue'.

While removing your bank account does have the potential to work, I would also like to advise that if you do remove your bank account, you will have to set up your direct debit again by completing the verification process when adding it back on. And if your card has not yet been confirmed it cannot be guaranteed that your larger payment will be sent as their will be no confirmed financials on your account.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.