Why can't I close my dispute?

Thisdood
Contributor
Contributor

So I was checking my Paypal the otherday and I saw a transaction I did not authorize.  So I opened a dispute for unathorized transaction.  I then later got ahold of the company and I found it was a recurring subscription, so I was then ok with it, but I could not continue using the member option on the website until th dispute was closed.  I went to go close it, and it does not say "close dispute" it says "cancel complaint".  When I click that it brings me to a screen saying are you sure..etc with a check box.  I check the box and click cancel then it brings me back to the resolution center saying this action is not valid, please try again.  So I do and the same happens.  Why?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

If you are not able to close the case from your side then send an email with your authorisation to close the case as you do want the payment to complete.

You can click on the contact us link at the bottom of a PayPal page and follow the option to email us. 

How is this going for you, is the case still open?

Login to Me Too

Ima_Monkey
New Community Member

I can't close my dispute either I kept trying and trying with no avail. Help me plzzz?

Login to Me Too

cali108
New Community Member

And again! "That action is not valid. Please try again." so I emailed paypal, they sent me an email describing how to open a dispute, view it, and take actions. Wow really paypal, You think all of us customers are that incompetent. I just want my case closed, because I received an Item. Actually I really dont care what happens next. I was just looking out for the seller, even though they took 88 days to ship. 

"If you are not able to close the case from your side then send an email with your authorisation to close the case as you do want the payment to complete.

You can click on the contact us link at the bottom of a PayPal page and follow the option to email us."

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cali108

That advice you are quoting was on a post 4 years old.

You are also posting in the middle of other old posts.

If you want paypal to close it then  >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vansoy
New Community Member

hi...its the same with me right nw iv send an email already but no actions yet.iv tried 5 times already.pls cancel it already if you can??so i can get my item already.pls?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there vansoy,

We are unable to see your account details so cannot look into this specific claim, if you have emailed however action will be taken on the account within 24-72 hours.

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Dakota1522
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, same thing is happening to me, I have tried emailing but no matter what I do, the dispute will not close!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Should time out at 20 days if not escalated failing that >>

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RaptorOnPC
New Community Member

The same thing has been happening to me!..  I caught something strange on my paypal from Valve corp.  (Steam)

There was a random $10 removed and I didn't notice it until now.  I sent a refund complaint and they responded.  I am completely locked out of buying games on steam.  I found out what had happened so I tried to cancel the complaint, and it gave me the "That action is not valid. Please try again."...  I know what happened.. and I am trying to fix it.. I called paypal coustomer service and nothing could be done...  I don't want to be locked out of my steam anymore.. I make a living from gaming.. Please help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.