Where is the Message Centre?

KSMRT
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sent an email by PayPal telling me to look in the Message Centre for a message from them. But there's no sign of the links I'm told to look for. This is what I was told to do:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Under 'More about your account', click Message Centre.
  3. Click on the message you wish to view.

Trouble is, there's no link called 'More about your account'.  I've rung customer help and they can't tell me where to look.  I'm logging in to the business account.

Anyone know where it might be?

Login to Me Too
99 REPLIES 99

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
By the way what made me laugh is they send an email to your registered email address to tell you there is a message I did ask Why on earth don't they just send the message to your email they couldn't answer that They THINK it's more secure Certainly secure so much so even the recipient can't read it 😂😂😂
Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

On the positive side that can stop people being scammed by Fake emails if they have completely manage to transition their Secure Messaging Centre system.

Login to Me Too

popje
Contributor
Contributor

This is **bleep** driving me crazy, I can't find the god **bleep** message centre, either on android or laptop, I was easily able to before I upgraded to a business account, now my internet browser switch from classic view to new everytime I click a link, I think I tried every possible link on this god damnit website and I can't get back to my messages, on top of that, I called paypal and the dumb person on the phone had absolutely NO idea what a microtransaction account was.

Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Popji Doubt if you've looked at my previous posts I had a nightmare and like you said ringing PayPal is like finding someone as much use as a chocolate teapot lol Anyway I found out by accident where it is If you swipe the page from right to left you should find the elusive message centre You want to know the funniest thing is that PayPal have Apperantly done it for security BUT they send a message to an email address that there's a message in the message centre gggggrrrrrrr lol Good luck Marc
Login to Me Too

frustratedDavid
New Community Member

I am not sure how a laptop can swipe from right to left.

I have been looking for the message centre for months as a business user and have never been able to find it.

If any business account user has found it with a PC or laptop please let everybody know.

David

Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry about that I use an iPhone and found PayPal have NOT optimised the pages for use on a mobile devise As to laptops I really don't know it might still be hidden lol Marc
Login to Me Too

awordinthewoods
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this problem (Canada, business user), and it doesn't seem like anybody else is acknowledging it — anybody make any headway?

It seems like I have the "Classic" interface, for all but the help page. Everything else looks like a fixed-width mostly-text webpage from the early 2000s, and none of the links that Paypal (or others trying to help) have suggested exist. 

Here's a shot of the top of the interface: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1nw0o3ehnastlf/Screenshot%202016-01-26%2012.56.17.png?dl=0

and the footer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp1qwnurbedgx18/Screenshot%202016-01-26%2012.58.09.png?dl=0

Try as I might, I can't change to whatever the 'new' interface is.

Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
I can't Belivie PayPal have still NOT sorted this out Have you tried swiping the page from right to left I found that's what I needed to do by accident I spent some time trying to find the info from PayPal NO ONE there could help Good luck
Login to Me Too

awordinthewoods
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, @marcgold1, yes, I've tried logging in from a mobile device I'd never even used, still the old interface.

Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
I can't rem exactly how I got to it I use an iPhone I think you have to go to help But I know there's a page that you swipe from right to left May be if you use the link PayPal send to view your message I've yet to discover why they send a message to the message centre when they could just send straight to your email address lol
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.