Where is the Message Centre?

KSMRT
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sent an email by PayPal telling me to look in the Message Centre for a message from them. But there's no sign of the links I'm told to look for. This is what I was told to do:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Under 'More about your account', click Message Centre.
  3. Click on the message you wish to view.

Trouble is, there's no link called 'More about your account'.  I've rung customer help and they can't tell me where to look.  I'm logging in to the business account.

Anyone know where it might be?

Login to Me Too
99 REPLIES 99

DumbDave

It is now over a year and for BUSINESS accounts there is still no link to the "Message Venter" despite everything posted on this thread. Is this PayPal's idea of a joke?

Login to Me Too

sofieedian

Hi fellow frustrated paypal users!,

I have had the same problem with finding the dreaded message centre. trying things all day to rectify the rubbish system paypal have going, 

The only thing i have found that works is the mobile version (not the app) on safari on iphone! When you click 'help' on the right hand side the message centre is below phone suport!!

On the desktop version on macbook it isn't.

So, i'm now using my phone to answer messages.

Hope this helps someone.

What a nightmare. SORT IT PAYPAL!

below are screenshots of what i see for reference:

on laptop: http://tinypic.com/r/29l1qq0/8

on iphone: http://tinypic.com/r/ejzrm1/8

Hope i helped someone 🙂

Sofiee xx

Login to Me Too

bread94
New Community Member

If you go to the Summary page then look on the left-hand side as you scroll down, you'll go past your account balance - bank accounts and cards - selling tools and under selling tools you'll see the 'more about my account'. Directly under there you will find 'veiw your messages' 🙂

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi bread94

This seems to apply to personal acc not business accs

Its the business accs that seem to have a problem finding it not the peraonal ones

Login to Me Too

DannyBoyCain
New Community Member
Hi I think I've just found (by accident) where the message centre is. If like me, you're using an iPad, simply touch the *Help* link bottom left. Then swipe right to left on the screen. Voila! The cheeky message centre lurking in the shadows on the right hand side. The problem is basically PayPal haven't optimised the page for viewing in portrait mode, and have too much on the page, so that the message centre and contact links are cut off, and you don't even realise they are there unless you swipe right to left. Hope this helps👍🏻
Login to Me Too

Marcgold
Thank you dannyboy I have finally found the elusive message centre By using the swipe system lol Shame NO ONE in PayPal suggested this One big problem reading my messages on a mobile phone is there is ONLY one line viewable Tried stretching the screen but no luck 😞 Any ideas and may be you should get a job in PayPal lol
Login to Me Too

BenC

What if I am using PC?

Login to Me Too

Hagarswife
I have had the exact same e.mail ??
Login to Me Too

Hagarswife
Did you find out where the message centre is ?? Cos I have no clue ...
Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I had horendess trouble like you I finally found their web site is NOT optimised for mobile use If like me your using a mobile phone tablet or any other mobile devise When your on their site you have to swipe the page from right to left and you SHOULD find it I really thought after all my efforts with PayPal they would have fixed it but I guess not
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.