Where is the Message Centre?

KSMRT
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sent an email by PayPal telling me to look in the Message Centre for a message from them. But there's no sign of the links I'm told to look for. This is what I was told to do:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Under 'More about your account', click Message Centre.
  3. Click on the message you wish to view.

Trouble is, there's no link called 'More about your account'.  I've rung customer help and they can't tell me where to look.  I'm logging in to the business account.

Anyone know where it might be?

Login to Me Too
99 REPLIES 99

awordinthewoods
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got a resolution to both this, and another problem that I'd been having for a while. It's worth calling in to talk to someone on the phone, they have excellent people, and I didn't sit on hold for half a day or anything.

So, my account (opened just in November 2015) was permanently stuck in "Classic" mode, no matter what browser or computer or tablet or phone I used. I didn't know, as there was nothing that told me a "New" interface was even an option. The reason was apparently because I was using Chrome when I first signed up. It didn't matter that it was the most current version (I do dev work, and stay up to date). PayPal doesn't officially support Chrome, and by some fluke, at the instant that I went through the signup process, my account was flagged to serve me the non-supported legacy version, with no option of updating, regardless of what device I would turn to.

If you are also stuck in Classic mode, and this sounds like you, your best bet might be to give them a call.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

Login to Me Too

MarkChurches
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I found it this way: log in,  hit the help link at the bottom left, in the contact PayPal bit in the middle look to the right and it will have message centre, hit that then this will give you access to what you want. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

wantmebed
Contributor
Contributor
I have had an email saying I have a message in my message centre but I can't find it. Have emailed back telling them this and also alot of people in the forums are having the same problem so let's see if they can sort it out😠
Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
Don't hold your breath lol If you read back this has been going on for months PayPal are unable to answer it Even though a number of us have told them I believe they want to keep it so secure they hid it lol Joking apart you should find it in help then contact us if you swipe the page across you will or should find it Good luck marc
Login to Me Too

wantmebed
Contributor
Contributor
Hope looked there Greer all I want to know is why they held back a payment for an order.
Login to Me Too

wantmebed
Contributor
Contributor
That should say nope looked there Grrr
Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there Have you ring them or asked for a call back they are very quick calling back if you click that option Marc
Login to Me Too

markson
New Community Member

This is more than ridicilous! How hard can it be? To put an extra button... I don't get it. 

Login to Me Too

wantmebed
Contributor
Contributor
Nope not had them call me. Will try that tomorrow. I do remember reading a message on there a long time ago so it is there just well hidden think al count to 100 then go looking lol
Login to Me Too

marcgold1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there Just looked seems they might have dropped the button you hit to get them to call us But their number is an 0800 so I'm sure your aware that is now free on mobiles as well as land lines 🙂 Good luck Marc
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.