Paypal Holding Money For 72 Hours!

AngryIain
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently created a paypal account just for the sake of one payment. My landlord in China couldnt bank transfer me my deposit back or western union me it so she suggested paypal. I create the account and she transfers the funds. The funds clear and I click withdraw. I get the notice that it may take up to two hours for the transfer to complete and I click confirm. After I click confirm I get the message saying it will take up to 72 hours. I have verified my bank, all details are correct so please may i know the reason for the "Paypal Review"? Are you just holding on to people's money in order to gain the interest to turn a higher profit or are you doing it to just be unreasonable. Surely you can see all the other user's angry comments on the site so why not try to resolve the matter or give an explanation as to the reasoning why? If paypal wants to remain the powerhouse of online money transfer I suggest they start caring about their customers more. Some people make a living off paypal and they need that money a lot faster than 72 hours. Resolve this paypal.

Login to Me Too
108 REPLIES 108

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Withdrawals from paypal to bank accounts take up to 72 hours.

You were told before you withdrew the funds and you agreed to it when you signed the user agreement to set up a paypal account.

So basically annoying though it may be you just have to be patient and wait Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

richardson_2710
Contributor
Contributor

Why should it take 72 hours for a payment to go through, You have had the funds in your account, and the buyer has givin feedback> Ebay has told you to allow funds to be withdrawn and yet you withhold payment.

Paypal is a greedy corporate machine

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I have had the funds in my account ???   Really???  What a surprise > can you hang on while i turn off the tele to go and look....LOL. I don't work for paypal. I am an ebay seller that helps out here.

Oh and by the way you need to get your facts correct > EBAY state that feedback no longer counts for payment release.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds 

Oh and one more thing EBAY OWN PAYPAL. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sean108
Contributor
Contributor

the person above who is defending paypal is a clown. paypal policies say a very small amount of withdrawls will be reviewed. this isnt the case, for me, its every withdrawl. I have noticed the person above commenting on every simmilar post, defending paypal, and quoting agreements. Firstly, it doesnt make it right, when the agreement states it should be a rare occurance, it isnt. Secondly, is that how a company should be answering questions? Deploying a fake account on support forums?

Paypal have always been shadey in their practices of holding other peoples money, and this is just how they continue. 

Login to Me Too

kuneo
Contributor
Contributor
I was told that withholding payments for 72hrs was done randomly and all automated. Absolute bollocks every withdrawal I make is held for 72hrs. I despise PayPal and wish there was a good alternative because I would love to tell them to go F**K themselves
Login to Me Too

Jsn72
Contributor
Contributor
I sold 2 items on eBay, The first item was sold and paypal decided to put a hold on the funds for 7 to 21 days, Oh well I thought the second item will cover my postage and at least I can get the items to the buyer. They say 7 to 21 days but it Would be In fact be less than 7 days providing I got the items to buyer and could prove to pay pal that the transaction went smothley they will clear the money after 3 day of the customer recieving said item. Second item sold and no hold was put on funds, So I proceeded to withdraw funds to my linked bank account and it clearly stated that funds will be ready within 2 hours so I pressed continue. 2 hours passed but no funds in my account. I noticed that I had revived a email confirmation of the transaction and it now states my fund can take 72 hours to clear. as a result I am now stuck 200 miles away from home waiting on the funds. If they had said 72 hours from the start I would have made an alternative plans to get home ie I would have transferred a small percentage to a family members account of which they could have transferred then to my bank account. This is the second time in as many months that this has happened and I am not happy . I think it is time to make an official complaint I need some sort of compensation for this event.
Login to Me Too

iain1979

this is a disgrace,why should it take 72 hours to withdraw money from paypal to bank account,yet you can add money to paypal from bank account in minutes.if its fraud they are worried about then it should work both ways.this is just paypal's way of making intrest on our money by holding it for longer.does anyone know of any other company thats like paypal?.iv had enough.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zkz1k/features/paypal

Login to Me Too

middywiddy

oooh you are a smary little shite are you not?

Got a lot to say for a helper.

GFY  understand that one

**bleep**

Login to Me Too

lewisreid
New Community Member

whenever i read a reply from a "user" that quotes contract rules i always wonder.....

what do you care about contract rules, why are you deffending paypal, and why do you all presume every person reads these HUGE contracts. we are NOT lawyers.

can you give an answer as to WHY they need to hold the money for 3 days, other than the fact is is stated in the contract?

very helpful.

oh and by the way....when it says UP TO; it means 72 hours. it will not be any quicker.

if i was a banker, and decided to tell people they cannot have their money until 3 days after they requested it, how long would i be in business? not very long. people HAVE to put up with paypal as it is very often their only choice. great work if you can get it right?

i see similar comments on google from people who are apperently just "users", but deffend the stupidity of the company to their death. are you being paid or do you just love the COMPANY so much you feel as though you are part of its workings, and must fight to maintin its integrity and convince people there is nothing nefarious going on.

this is ONLY being done to KEEP YOUR MONEY FOR INTEREST. WAKE UP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.