Payment to Pitney Bowes

GrannyNanny
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made  a purchase from the USA to UK.   Part of the payment was to Pitney Bowes for shipping/customs.  The seller cancelled the order and refunded the cost of the item.  The seller requested I accept the cancellation and refund, which I did.

As Paypal made the payment to Pitney Bowes I expected PayPal to immediately refund the extra money but nothing has appeared in my account.

PayPal won't let me open a dispute because the PB payment was made under the same transaction number and they consider a refund has been completed and I cannot reopen the case.

What do I do now?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

I am in a similar situation now.

A seller was going to ship two brake discs from the U.S to Sweden.

Just before he sent them out I discovered that the brake discs will not fit my model year of car and the seller had not specified that they only fit the two first model years for the car. So the seller agreed to cancel and not ship the brake discs.
He refunded the price for the brake discs. BUT Pitney Bowes had already charged me for the shipping costs which are substantial; 82 dollars even though no package has been sent.

PayPal can you tell me:  How can I get that Pitney Bowes charge refunded ?

Login to Me Too

Skibob
New Community Member
Same here, why the **bleep** if you have to pay to Pitney Bowes they'll not specify next to cost of item and cost of shipping cost(extortion) of those **bleep**? who would purchase anything, knowing that they'll still your money for nothing?? and why **bleep** from PayPal won't join the conversation here??
Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

A followup on my case:

I raised the issue with Ebay and it took only 2 days they arranged for Pitney Bowes to refund the shipping !

They told me the issue when the seller cancels has not covered automated cancelling of shipping charges. So this needs to be done manually.  By me raising the issue with Ebay the issue was resolved.  So you should not sit with Paypal hoping they fix it. It is an Ebay issue with their Global Shipping Program arrangement and raising your issue with them can result in it being resolved.

Login to Me Too

RotaryFreak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm hoping that replying in this thread will hopefully get my refund processed... So the item I purchased turned out to be faulty so I filed for a refund. The seller was quick to refund me the price of the item but like everyone else here, Pitney Bowes did not refund me the cost of the shipping and import charges. I've tried calling ebay, emailing ebay, emailing paypal, emailing Pitet Bowes but still nothing has been done. The sad part about all of this is that paypal's resolution center is making it even worse. For some reason they put both the cost of the item and shipping together when the seller refunded me the price of the item, so paypal registers both the cost of the item and shipping as refunded even though clearly the shipping has yet to be refunded. So right now I cant even open up a case for the shipping costs it self cause the resolution center keeps telling me it's already refunded... Anyways heres some more info, hope someone can help...

Paypal Shipping Charges Information: 

Transaction ID (0BP067692N2598345)

Invoice ID (PGW_22097371499)

Paypal Item Charges Information (Already Refunded):

Transaction ID (43N79790PT119825K)

Ebay Information:

Item Number (172063606503)

Ebay Buyer Username (logitikes)

Ebay Buyer Name (Alex Lam)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there RotaryFreak.

Sorry to hear what has happened here.

Firstly, we would advise you to edit your message to remove the account specific information from your post when you get a chance.

If you have still not received an update on the payment that you have sent through your account, you should try reaching out to us directly so that we can look into this further on your behalf.

You can contact us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

I would guess Ebay is the part to contact. They resolved a similar issue I had and instructed Paypal to refund.
After all it´s the same owners of both companies...

Login to Me Too

devflex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm happy to find this thread as I am not sure what to do.

I made a purchase from ebay to be shipped from US to Canada. The seller charge me for shipping and Pitney charged me $50USD. The seller sent the items via USPS. The shipment had the proper paperwork and I received it. It went though Canadian Customs and they did not assess me any duty. My queston is how do I get my money back from Pitney? I paid the seller shipping through the eBay listing. Like I said, I was not charged duty so I am due a refund.

Any help on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Darrell

Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

Isn´t it that Pitney Bowes charges the buyer for the customs fees before shipping ?

And then the package arrives without any additional customs fee to be paid at arrival which is the whole point of that arrangement ?

Login to Me Too

devflex
Contributor
Contributor

They charged me for it. I asked the seller about the charge and he told me he did not recieve the money for that charge. He actually sent me a screen shot of the transaction on Paypal so I know he did not receive the money. He charged me for shipped and Pitney charged me for shipping and duty. So the whole Pitney thing really confuses me. 

Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

In case of an Ebay Shipping Program package the seller (if in the U.S/Canada) should only receive the sum for the item sold and not charge for any shipping.
The buyer is charged by Pitney Bowes for shipping plus any customs fee.
The seller receives a "prepaid" shipping label to put on the package and ship. Maybe that seller did not understand that.
I don´t know if he is supposed to print it himself from an Ebay page and put it on the box or if he somehow receives that shipping tag by other means. But that is how it is supposed to work.   You sent the seller more than he should have received and thus paid the shipping twice. So Ebay / Pitney Bowes have probably done things correctly and you might not get refunded by them.
The seller wasted his shipping label and used your money instead.  Or maybe used that label (check the box if you still have it) and tricked you to pay twice so he got that shipping fee into his pocket. It will be up to you to determine. Ebay could possibly help with determining if the shipping tag was used by talking to Pitney Bowes. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.