Money not received from withdrawal.

DannyMac
New Community Member

Hi, I sold an Item on ebay and was paid successfully £10.50 for it, I then made a free withdrawal to my bank about which was pending for about 3 days.
The status is now "completed" yet the money is not in my bank account neither is it in my paypal account.
Where has my money gone?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Withdrawals to your bank account will show as completed in your paypal account before they actually show as available funds in your bank. Completed means that the paypal side of the transaction has completed succesfully. Typically a standard withdrawal to a uk bank account will take up to five working days Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there DannyMac,

When the status of your withdrawal shows as 'Completed', it means the withdrawal has completed through the PayPal system and is with your bank.

On the rare occasions that the funds don't show in your bank account we can initiate a trace on these funds, but only once 14 working days have passed.

Usually if there is a problem with a withdrawal, it is returned to PayPal and the funds are reversed back into your PayPal balance. I am guessing this has not happened as of now.

I would recommend contacting your bank to enquire about receipt of the funds. If the funds are still not in your bank account after 14 days, please contact us and we can then begin a search for the missing funds. For our contact information, just click the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Just so you know, you may be asked to fax a copy of your most recent bank statement to us, to assist our search.

Hopefully it will show for you in the coming days.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

bella-posting

When the status of your withdrawal shows as 'Completed', it means the withdrawal has completed through the PayPal system and is with your bank.

That it incorrect.

When the status of a withdrawl shows as "Completed" it has left the PayPal system but it is NOT with your bank.

It's just still in the system and can take a few days before it's with your bank.

There is no need to worry about a withdrawal that shows as Completed but has not reached you bank. It will reach your bank in a few days time.

Login to Me Too

dvdk31

so no need to worry what about the person who thought they wold have received payment on the day paypal says thet means paypal have to stop saying 2  to 3 days if paypal tell me 20th i expect to walk up to the bank and get my money

Login to Me Too

daisy1234
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem I withdrew $400 last july 15, 2016 until now the money didn't appeared in my bank account then August 5 they filed trace for my withdrawal until now i'm waiting because they said my local bank didn't response yet. How long it will takes to wait?
Login to Me Too

kdoy1
Contributor
Contributor
I have withdrawn money into my bank 2days ago and still says pending ? There's no notifications or and indication that anything is wrong ??
Login to Me Too

halabimx
New Community Member
it seems that paypal accounting system still out of the Stone Age..
How comes that the money are taken out of my bank account; instantly ! but not when it comes to put money into my account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi halabimx,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

When you make a payment using PayPal and the payment method is your bank account the funds will leave your bank account immediately but still take 2-3 days to process and complete on our system. The bank funds are held in an automated clearing house and are processed in batches. This is the same with a withdrawal. Although they may leave your PayPal Account immediately the same processing time-frame may still be applied.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.